C/O ‘20 PG Tramon Mark commits (Update: Signed)

What is uniform number at Dickenson, 1, 3, or 4? I’ve watched the videos and aren’t sure which one is Mark.

I hope Grimes and jarreau stay another year because Grimes needs to develop more consistency and Jarreau needs more muscle and an outside shot.

2 Likes

Looked like #3 to me.

1 Like

#3 for Dickinson

If Mills and Mark develop like we think they will, could be a nice offensive combo in the future. Mark doesn’t even know to really play yet. He is just scratching the surface and realizing how good he can be.

I think it would be. He will big against teams like Memphis & UConn because he can create his own shot. We are low on him now but he will be needed down the road.

6 Likes

Beyond uninformed

15 Likes

Not a good post! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::confused:

8 Likes

There some big games we won last season because he took over down the stretch.

Sure we can make up for the loss but he is an asset and capable of being a difference maker

5 Likes

Here are some stats

if dejon doesnt turn it around this season and has to come back next year…senior dejon will be a complete monster

everyone including dejon know his shot is a problem and will only have 1 season to make it right…he will be making a 1000 shots a day in the offseason…with some other intense work in the offseason…especially coming off a poor junior season, that had pro potential …similar to galen and his offense from junior (didnt even guard him) to senior (carried offense vs elite lsu)

his stats last season after conference play stated were elite level on a per possession basis…if he converted his production to starter minutes it would have been all american worthy

5 Likes

@marchi2234
Seriously !?? That’s an absolutely Charles Barkleyish “turrrible” assessment.

Did you just start watching this year?

Are you even watching this year or just the highlights?

Humble
great kid
works hard
no attitude/ego
brings energy every time he’s on the floor
Plays solid defense and brings intensity
Unselfish/tries to make plays for others players and make them better
He’s 6’5/6’6 freak man. His height and athleticism are a difference maker when he is in rhythm. He has the athleticsm to become a professional athlete.

Oh ya, he was the 6th man of the year last year.

Lastly, I would have liked to see the ball in his hands last year more against Kentucky at the end of the game personally.

3 Likes

A big part of the problem vs Washington was our spacing was not very good… just need a little film review to see what the best angles are to attack the zone.
Anyway we did end up scoring 44 the 2nd half so no wonder Sampson chose to stay with the same backcourt down the strtch.

Washington’s zone was a little different than some of the others you’ll see. Washington blitzed the perimeter and left that little hole in the middle that Fabian and Gorham would sneak into. A lot of zones are a bit slower to rotate around the three point line but packed a little more inside.

Seriously, foolish statement about DJ. The kid is a hard worker and great team player. He was out with a hand injury, which may be affecting his shot. He’s a tremendous asset defensively as evidenced by all of his hustle, steals, and block shots.

One of the things people have to understand is that we don’t have the perimeter shooting of last year‘s team. This makes it harder on the offense when trying to drive the lanes since the defenders can sag of the guards. That’s why were seeing a lot of zone defense this year. This is why it’s harder for DJ to drive the lanes and get to the rack. However I really believe he’s not finishing shots because of his that’s why were seeing a lot of zone defense this year. This is why it’s harder for DJ to drive the lanes and get to the rack. However I really believe he’s not finishing shots because of his nagging injury. I think will see him get better as the season progresses. Oh, and let’s not forget how important he is when Gresham is on the floor. Those guys have a good chemistry together.

6 Likes

Let’s just hope this season is similar to last for Jarreau, he started really slow and picked it up by time conference started.

2 Likes

allen’s chant is annoying… but the end of it was fun to watch, a lot of clutch shots by mark

2 Likes

I didn’t say Jerreau didn’t work hard or anything personal about him. He can not score vs a zone, he does not have a consistent outside shot. He is loose with the ball at times and can be turnover prone. UH has 4 better guards than him and I believe the freshmen coming in next year and the Idaho transfer will all be better scorers. It is tough to play a lot of minutes in todays game as a guard if you aren’t a threat to score. Robinson was unique because he was so quick with the ball in transition and a hell of a defender. I just think Jerreau has reached his potential. It isn’t a knock on him. He is a good college player, I just think he lacks certain skills and UH’s recruiting gets better every year.

3 Likes

Marchi, I think that is a fair assessment so far this season. For his sake, and UH’s, I hope he picks it up and does better henceforth.

1 Like