Cameron Tyson transfers to Houston from Idaho, sit one-play 3

Money ??? Wth

Just like I said guys lol.

Armoni=Money

*eye witness protection… You mean lol

If Nate can shoot somewhere around 35-36% from three next season, UH will be scary good. Final Four is a possibility, no wonder we seem like a consensus preseason Top 15 pick.

1 Like

Some people are way too caught up in who will play the 5. Sampson made it clear he’s not stuck on whether someone can play a certain position but whether they fit the team. He’ll change the lineups according to the who we’re playing and who is playing well. This means we might see lineups consisting of 3 guards and 2 forwards. One thing is for sure, all 5 players will give 100% or they won’t play at all.

4 Likes

No, Kentucky may have been the lucky one the way Armoni was raining treys…Not saying it was a terrible call, but the last drive by Davis with us up by one late could easily have been called a foul…and that would have put us up by three IMO…
As far as center goes, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gresham start early…and I would think we would be pretty salty with Caleb and Gorham coming off the bench.
There is so much talent on hand I am glad that none of us are making the decision on who starts. If we can keep our second unit happy and content, we could really be salty…

2 Likes

If coach wants to play White at the 5 sometimes, I am all for it. But I worry about him getting into foul trouble early and that taking him out of the game. He is too talented with his mid range game.
That said, we can still use Gresham, Alley, Gorham and perhaps Roberts should keep the interior well balanced.
Hoping Gresham develops some kind of inside game because he is physical and can jump. And Jarreau is great at finding his former teammate at UMass open for ring busting dunks…
No matter what, plenty of opportunities at every position…

1 Like

For those so concerned about recruiting a “dominant big man”, Kelvin has stated several times that his ultimate goal is to have 5 on the court that can space the floor. Fabian at the 5 with Justin at the 4 should come very close to providing that

That’s fine for the offense, but that lineup could be exploited by a good post offense.

1 Like

It was pretty clear that Kentucky’s size gave us problems. We definitely need bigger and taller players.

1 Like

Well, Kentucky’s size (and 5 star talent) will always give UH (and everyone else they play) some matchup problems. Welcome to reality. Truth is that UH will not recruit the same size/talent level as Kentucky or Duke or North Carolina or even Memphis.

In order to beat them, we’re going to have to spread the floor and hit the 3’s to drive them out of a post-up game. And we will have to “develop” the kind of talent needed to do so. It seems to me that CKS understands this very, very well.

4 Likes

We double the post, which makes up for the height.

1 Like

We don’t need “5-star” players to have more length.

Lololol. Exactly! Some of these posters are clueless. You can tell they have never played basketball lol

Tacko was a 3 star… He’s 7’5 lol

OK then please inform those of us (including CKS) who haven’t yet heard just how well Tacko played this season as a senior against the Kentucky all freshmen/sophomore front court…

This coaching staff not only does a great job coaching but also evaluating talent! This guy’s possible floor potential probably got better coming here!

1 Like

The point is just to add some taller players. They don’t necessarily have to be the cream of the crop. We constantly struggled to cover Jarron Cumberland from Cincy, simply because of his size. If we add size and have them coached up by Sampson, we would be even better.

with kentucky, and cumberland…you can even add quinton rose from temple…we struggled with taller guards…because 2 of our starters were 6’0 …and the year before 3 of our starters were 6’0

our starters at guard next year will be 6’5. 6’6’ and 6’3 (with long arms)…we also just got a 6’5 guard commit

we didnt really sturggle that badly with taller bigs, and when we did it was because they had 2 quality bigs (which is rare)…and they made it hard to double …and id only put ucf (1 of the 2 times we played them) in that category…you could add Kentucky but i think we kept them in check enough to win until the last 2 mins