Carlos Correa

Good for them all. All cheaters as are all the Astros including those who were with the Astros when it was going on but have since moved on. I have zero tolerance for cheating and lying which is prevalent in our corrupt society playing a large part in ushering its demise. It’s called hypocrisy, proclaiming virtue while all the while practicing otherwise. We either teach our children that it’s not acceptable under any circumstance or we give them license to do as we do and not as we say. It’s the so called leaders and those who have been afforded lives of luxury to which adherence to honesty should be most stringently applied and expected. But it’s most fashionable to look up to even the most corrupt and pathological dishonest. Look up the West Point honor code: “A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.” And these words don’t apply to citizens?

2 Likes

I agree with you. My issue is that as I have shown you, there is clear evidence around the league that this isn’t just an Astros problem. It’s hypocritical for the league to only come down hard on the Astros and not other teams.

1 Like

Stealing signs is part of the game, some players made a career out of it ie: Jose Oquendo…if a player is smart enough to decode other teams signs and can relay to his teammates via signs the old fashion way, more power to him…BUT…I do not agree with using electronic means that is ruining the integrity of the game IMO

1 Like

As I have mentioned numerous times, I don’t support stealing signs by electronic means either. It’s not even the point that I have been trying to make at all. The point is that if mlb comes down hard on the Astros, they should do a through investigation on the rest of the league and not turn a blind eye to just make the Astros the scapegoat. They should thoroughly investigate the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Rangers etc. but they don’t want to because they KNOW they will find plenty of crap around the league and it will put a stain on mlb. Here is a quote from Joe Musgrove:

3 Likes

Correa is probably being truthful, or at least thinks so. Altuve actually had much better road splits than home numbers during the 2017 regular season.

But when the stakes got higher, ie. the playoffs, Altuve’s splits changed drastically.

Home: .472 BA/.513 OBP/1.028 SLG%/1.541 OPS/6 HR/12 RBI’s
Away: .143 BA/.231 OBP/ .395 SLG%/ .497 OPS/1 HR/ 2 RBI’s

Maybe Correa was unaware of the buzzer, whistle or whatever else might have been used. If all of this is just coincidence, then Altuve should issue a flat denial of any unfair advantage he received, instead of dancing around the subject.

This is my favorite sport. I am passionate about baseball and the Astros. It is a sport that had lasted for a long time so it has a long history of hypocrisy. Some thoughts:

• Fairness? I find it humorous that the Yankees and the Dodgers are out in front of this. TheYankees do it and its part of the game. The Red Sox and the Astros do it and its as if someone piddled on the Washington Monument. The Yankees and Dodgers saying the playing field isn’t level? Are you kidding me?

• cost people their jobs? If a pitcher doesn’t get that someone has figured out their pitches, he doesn’t deserve to be in the major leagues. Plus its a sport that had a history of limiting who could play.

Stats not being relevant? Yes baseball is the one sport where stats are compared over different time periods. Ok each era has its narrative. Pre Jackie Robinson it is that not all the best players where on the field. Early 60’s it was expansion players. Late 60’s early 70’s it was the mound was lowered. 70’s and 80’s it was the DH. Steroids after that.

The Astros won the 2017 world series. They will win the 2020 world series. Suck it Dodgers and Yankees.

4 Likes

You could also argue that it’s harder to hit in the playoffs. The pitching is better. Playing on the road in the playoffs is tougher. I’m sure road home/ home splits for star players on the Yankees and dodgers were affected in the playoffs as well. And perhaps Altuve wants to be a team player and not throw his team under the bus by saying “I didn’t do it but they all did”. They deserve to be punished, not me.” Or perhaps he’s a sensitive and shy player and the shame being put on his team is a lot on him to constantly address to the media. Who knows? Either way, it doesn’t necessarily make him guilty. You can’t just assume about a person based on one or two things. It’s not even the point. Yes, the Astros cheated. Not the point. The point is that mlb should be fair and investigate the other teams as well.

2 Likes

This is the first time as a Houston sports fan I have rooted for a team that is now known as the bad guys that everyone is hating on. This new experience could actually be kind of fun. For a 90s wrestling reference, the Astros have just became this equivalent in MLB.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/KEOspeedwagon/status/1229511939379941376

https://twitter.com/KEOspeedwagon/status/1229516173743706112

https://twitter.com/KEOspeedwagon/status/1229516885580009477

Reddick is still on the team. He shoud have the Astros show up in NWO or heel wrestler tshirts. I say if everyone is going to keep talking crap and hating on them that they should play up to it.

2 Likes

Altuve should issue a flat denial of any unfair advantage he received, instead of dancing around the subject.
[/quote]

Hurry over to Gallery Furniture since Mac is now offering double your money back if the
Astros win the WS. It’s a sure thing, right? Buy the flipping store out!

Sign stealing happens on nearly every pitch possible. The runner on second has just as good an angle and a myriad ways to communicate it. It just isn’t that easy. The catcher can throw in a couple of meaningless hand movements to throw it off. To say a trashcan lid led to a world series title is goofy. Whatever. I hope the Astros kill it this year.

3 Likes