2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Follow up question: If he stayed on as GM would he then hire himself as HC?

3 Likes

Well… it is his first year as GM and he didn’t hire the current coach so maybe he can play the “I just need my own guy at HC” card to stay on as GM. :joy:

3 Likes

Not to turn this into a Texans thread but it is very Texans-like for them to be shopping one of their best defensive assets and scouring the waiver wires for a #1 RB with a mediocre [at best] HC serving as their GM.

1 Like

Please let’s stay with Case and…

4 Likes

Ruining this thread with BOB crap. Like farting in the Sistine Chapel.

6 Likes

case will start against the eagles in about 2 weeks in the first game of the regular season…one of their stars is WR Desean Jackson
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1166447843801993216?s=19

And that means???

Skip always defends Case which means that Shannon has to take the opposite position no matter what. That’s how that show works…doesn’t mean Shannon believes the crap he’s saying, he just says it because he has to.

8 Likes

Hate to say it but I sense racism… and I LOATHE the use of that as an element in anything but it works both ways.

Good point as well, thanks!

Shannon dislikes Case because he let him down in Denver.

Right. All that was Case’s fault!

4 Likes

Then he should have a mob hit out for a few O lineman.

3 Likes

Breaking news on how he won the job:

I also hear they will begin using twitter polls to decide which players start week to week after a loss.

4 Likes

It’s true, except for political topics where both take the same predictable side.

I’d like to say it too, but Sharpe is a huge Wentz supporter and bags on Prescott when those two are debated on the show. When Skins play Dallas week 2 let’s see if Sharpe gives Case some positive comments

2 Likes

If he refuses to play for Skins.
Choices are retire (doubt it) or report pissed off by week 10 so 2019 counts toward unrestricted free agency in 2021

1 Like

I liked Shannon as a player and then I heard him as a sportscaster and changed my mind. He is all about shock value and less about the facts.

4 Likes

Gotta get this back towards the top. The Redskins vs Eagles game is on local 26 this week. Next week they play the Cowboys at Wash.

4 Likes

Tremendous article

On the day after winning another quarterback competition he was supposed to lose, Case Keenum refused to gloat. He sat in a hall at the Washington Redskins practice facility, tugging at the straps of a backpack, his gaze placid, his demeanor unsurprised. He pursed his lips. His shoulders gave a small shrug.

“Nothing has ever been given to me,” he said. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

This Sunday, Keenum will start a season-opening game for the third time in four years. In the other season, he took over in the second week and led the Minnesota Vikings to within a game of the Super Bowl, having thrown one of the most memorable game-winning playoff touchdowns of all-time.

Most players with records like this have long-term deals worth tens of millions of dollars. Keenum has a long line of releases, expired contracts and low-level trades. In a position normally dripping with entitlement, he might be the least pretentious quarterback in the NFL.

14 Likes