2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

They’re already out over at the Vikings SBN site, lot of them seem to be trolls but man, they expect him to be perfect over there, I think many of them just want an excuse to put in Teddy

1 Like

This writer gets it.

"After rolling through the first 13 weeks of the season, it looks like the Vikings might have a weakness that other teams can expose: their offensive line. The line has been dealing with injuries and that could be an issue going forward if Case Keenum continues to get pressured like he did in Carolina. Keenum spent of the game on Sunday running for his life. At times, it worked out for him as he rushed for 40 yards. However, most of the time, it didn’t work out at all. The Vikings quarterback was sacked six times and threw two interceptions as he faced constant pressure. "

1 Like

The two ints were not on him. The first one his arm was hit as he was throwing. The second his receiver failed to catch the ball and it bounced on his shoulder pads. His WR told the press it was on him was not catching it. There were so many dropped balls I thought the players missed their wake-up call. The biggest drop was right before half time. Thielen usually awesome bubbled it. It would have been 17 to 14 to the Vikings. That changed the momentum all together. The worst one was when Thielen bubbled one in the corner of the end zone in the last part of the game. Rudolph missed a clear TD earlier on too.
In reality Case could have been sacked four or five more times. Another QB would probably be on IR this morning.

6 Likes

I expect them to come roaring back next week at home.

2 Likes

With the Eagles losing Carson Wentz, I think this improves Minnesota’s chances in the playoffs. Assuming Case doesn’t get benched after this one loss.

Watched all of the last four games - LA, Det, Atl, Car, and another big difference was the Minny defense getting abused by Carolina, mainly in the run game.

Had they also performed to at least standard play, Case’s play was good enough for the win.

I will say the loss may be beneficial in waking the team up and not resting on their laurels. Just regroup, focus, and finish the year on a final six game winning streak.

5 Likes

Zimmer was pretty much his normal self for most of his presser on Monday, except for when the Pioneer Press’ Chris Tomasson decided to ask the head coach to clarify if Case Keenum would remain Minnesota’s starting quarterback for the remainder of the season.

“You guys keep asking me this. I never said Sam Bradford is our starter for the season. I never said Joe Berger is our starter for the season. I’ve never said Pat Elflein is our starter for the season. So I’m not going to say it. Clear enough?”

It is very clear that Zimmer is tired of being asked about who his starting quarterback is this season and he probably thought he was already done answering these questions after Keenum helped the Vikings win eight games in a row.

After Zimmer’s answer this week, it seems safe to say that no one will be asking about who the Vikings’ starting starting quarterback will be anymore this year. Unless they actually enjoy getting scolded by the head coach.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Zimmer looked like he was about to give a STFU to the reporter. These guys.

3 Likes

Yea, Obrien decided to go with his favorites and cronies that adapt to his style. Some years later we see who has improved don’t we…

3 Likes

I was liking Zim but today he was pretty arrogant for having just lost one. He was angry about losing but he is all about putting more pressure on players and not accepting any himself.

That said, he HAS been very successful with his replacements and apparently using a “Get what you expect” out of people. Expect excellence from your children and treat them that way and they will do well. Reminds me of Dad… we did not get a long well.

2 Likes

Tom Brady tonight at Miami 24/43 for 233 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT’s.

Case Keenum Sunday at Carolina 27/44 for 280 yards 2 TD’s, 2 INT’s.

I wonder if anyone is asking Belichik who is starting at QB next week.

13 Likes

You all should have seen how unbelievably dumb nick wright sounded yesterday saying now is the time to put bridgewater in at qb. Chris Carter actually had case’s back.

1 Like

He has a face that says “please punch me as hard as you can!”

2 Likes

Each partisan for Bridgewater has a special reason for supporting him. It has to be emotional because his performance before the injury indicates a mediocre career. He had 28 touchdowns over two years that
were negated by 21 interceptions and I do not know how many fumbles. That low level of output is not what a coach is looking for. I do not know how smart he is, but he might be inspirational. If he is, that
would help when he does get into games. He looks like an OK second string QB and every team needs one. The fact that the Vikings have Keenum means this is a ridiculous issue.

1 Like

I think Zimmer’s response was to soft. I would have asked the reporter if he had been watching any of the games. I would have asked if he follows football. I would have asked if he was on some sort of medication that affects his ability to create cognizant thoughts. Lastly, I would have ripped his cred. off and told him to cover ice fishing.

4 Likes

Lets be clear. Case does not fit the so called “QB experts” mold. On top of that he played for a G5. The fact that he has been playing at an MVP level is the best response that any player can give. Case thrive for his own excellence. Throughout his entire career he has answered the media by answering questions and never blame his Team mates. Did he throw his WR’s, TE’s, RB’s or OL under the bus after the Panthers? No he did not. How many business leaders, professionals players, civic leaders (not counting politicians) do that today?
I can’t find too many. Last year the So Cal press was on him 24/7, even today this is still happening. This is also a reflection on our society when the networks prefer having controversial figures to fill the airwaves or media prints.
Case has two choices every day like every single one of us. You go forward, do the best that you can or feel sorry for yourself? It has been a blast to see him play. He deserves all of the success coming his way.

7 Likes

In Zimmer’s defense, the players did lose that game. The awful O line play, the dropped passes, the run contain on D, the batted ball (right into Diggs’ hands!) that was picked, even Case had his worst game in a while.

I also think that it’s good that they got that stinker out of the way now. They can still lock up a bye, rest everyone that matters in week 17 and come into the playoffs a little more hungry and humble. A 7 point road loss to a good playoff team isn’t the end of the world, but it’s a good reminder.

1 Like

Nick Wright called this a “terrible” game. I mean I watched it fully and either way those stats and his play can be called many things but terrible is not one.

Maybe the QB play bar for the Case critics is that Warren Moon 527 yd outing vs KC in 1990. I could then see how 280, 2TD, 2int is bad comparatively.

1 Like

Anything Nick Wright says is complete garbage. He’s nothing more than a shock jock in the order of Skip Bayless. I don’t understand how guys like Wright and Bayless keep finding jobs.

3 Likes