Case Keenum vs other UH NFL QBs

Using profootballreference.com I tallied the career statistics of UH’s most recent (and only?) NFL QBs - Case Keenum, Kevin Kolb, David Klingler, and Andre Ware, in the attached image.

What I’ve pleasantly discovered is that Case has built up a nice resume, and comparatively is now at the top of nearly every category for a QB. I previously thought Kolb’s had very gaudy numbers but CK has topped even him across the board.

Judging by Keenum’s performance last week and the shaky health of the Vikings starter, these numbers may increase dramatically by the end of 2017. In addition playing another two - four seasons may still be very much possible, before he makes his return back to Cullen :wink:

2 Likes

Go Case!!!

People are gonna always hate on him, but he is a professional quarterback in every sense of the word. He may not be a cornerstone of a franchise, but he is going to continue having a serviceable career as a backup. And that’s fine. After the despicable way Jeff Fisher handled that one concussion incident, I hope for his sake he remains the ever-reliable backup and gets hit less than most other players. I couldn’t be prouder of Case and hope he gets to be in the league as long as he pleases.

4 Likes

That’s a great find. Hopefully, he’ll continue to put some distance between himself and Kolb.

This also tells me that we need to start King. The Ks are dominant as QBs at UH. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope Case can start catching up to him in career salary too! $7 million for Case so far, Kolb made $29 million. Hoping he gets a nice 3 year deal after this season, he deserves it.

What? No Bobby Clatterbuck stats?

1 Like

I’m sure we must have had other QB’s in the NFL, no?

Wouldn’t bet on it. Keep in mind we were a triple option team for a long time. Those QBs don’t usually play in the NFL

Wins? I bet Case leads in that as well, although Kevin Kolb had a few.

I guess Chuck Clements did play at least 1 down in the NFL. No passes attempted. He was on rosters though