CFB Rankings - 2020 Week 5

Incidentally, Raising Canes Chicken got 3 votes in the polls

6 Likes

Polls are a popularity contest and this example is another reason that polls are nonsense. How can they judge teams that have played multiple games against those that have not? They can’t. If anyone really believes that Texas is 9th best and A&M 13th, or can say legitimately Ohio State is better than any of the teams that are ranked and have already played then they are just not credible. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Teasips No. 9…sure.
Barf, Barf, Barf…

2 Likes

There should be no rankings till 6 games played at the very least. They just jostle the rankings around to keep who they want at the top.

3 Likes

I’m gonna double dip, I just can’t stand this hot garbage. UCF has a real bone to pick here, and I have never stood up for those guys.
The NCAA just needs to acknowledge that they are a tiny impotent subsidiary of ESPN, and formally move their tiny cubicle to the storeroom closet in the back of ESPN.
What a load, top to bottom.
2020 sucked bad enough without this farce.

4 Likes

Kendall, the NCAA has nothing to do with the polls or the CFP, nor do they recognize the CFP winner as a national champion. On the other hand, they do have a great basketball championship tournament. Other than that, they are pretty impotent when it comes to the P5 teams, just as you say.

3 Likes

Yep put their cubicle next to Lance Armstrong’s bike that is used to power the place.

I have become a bit of a Ragin Cajun fan (the restaurant too). They have been fun to watch until my Coogs play. Do they deserve to be talked about for a national championship? Uh, no. But they should be ranked they are 3-0. They should be able to enjoy their success and get ranked. It makes no sense, they are punished for actually playing and winning their games. “Stay in your lane Sunbelt Confrence” SMH

The Big 10 and Pac12 teams should have to work their way through the rankings not have placeholders kept for them.

2 Likes

If they are going to do this, then we should be ranked then

5 Likes

My wife is a Ragin Cajun alum, where she spent 2 years, so they have always had a soft spot in my heart. They were terrific when Terrance Broadway was there, then a drop off for a while, and now they are back, and super fun to watch…one of my buds out here is an alum, and he owns the Budweiser distributorship there in Lafayette…

In my next life, I want to own a beer distributorship ANYWHERE in Louisiana :smiley:

2 Likes

ain’t that the dang truth!

1 Like

The “Placeholders” should let everyone know by now how the system is rigged and will only allow teams from only 5 conferences to get in. Why “Help” those teams out, what have they done, other than being a name. So you mean to tell me a school can be full of scrubs, but because they are a “name school”, they don’t have to play one game to be ranked high, and also receive “Votes”??!? We need to bring to this false ranking system. It has destroyed College Football. :grimacing:

4 Likes

See UTa preseason rankings for the last 5 years

4 Likes

The crazy thing is, UT is rarely a team full of scrubs, but they’ve done almost nothing to deserve the pre-season rankings they get every year. All that talent wasted.

2 Likes

This is the thing. I’m sure most don’t want to go down the rabbit hole in regards to recruiting, but maybe they are full of scrubs. They do have a subscription base to pander to, so maybe the kids they have are overrated a bit. I can understand OU being a obstacle, but if they were truly miles and miles ahead of the rest of the big 12 in recruiting, they should be able to out-talent every other team every year.

Every coach they hire can’t be bad enough to where they shootout with West Virginia, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State, and lose to Kansas right? I think they have a BIG issue with “legitimate” talent. They’ll win the 247 sports recruiting rankings championship though. lol

3 Likes

SLI (Southwestern Louisiana Institute) was what it was known as when I was small, then when I was in junior high it changed to USL (University of Southwest Louisiana) and all that time they were the Bulldogs if I remember correctly. Now ULL is the Ragin Cajuns; so it seems they have had an identity crisis. But I like them and McNeese and LaTech. Being a native Louisianan and part Cajun myself, I pull for all Louisiana schools when they aren’t playing UH.

2 Likes