CFB Rankings - 2020 Week 5

As predicted, the writers put in teams from conferences that won’t play for a while. So…how does one rank a team that has not played any games vs. teams that have played 2+ games as the season progresses? Early polls are a big enough joke without adding this into the mix.

1 Like

And what is the over/under for points that UCF could hang on the #9 team? 64? If UCF can clean up their penalties, they are going to be tough to beat.

Why did Memphis drop 8 spots?

1 Like

Well, 5 because the hibernating conferences got 5 in there ( missed UM on the highlights). And Mississippi Sate must be better than Memphis because they beat LSU?

2 Likes

It is wrong to have non playing teams ranked. It gives them such an unfair advantage.

1 Like

I still can’t get over the fact that ESPN appointed themselves as the deciding organization for the “playoffs”. They’re not even the NCAA. They just walked into the house and were like:

3 Likes

Where is Lafayette (Louisiana)???

2 Likes

LSU is 0 - 1 and still highly ranked?? Ohio State hasn’t played ONE game, yet garner 2 and 4 first place votes???

1 Like

…lol, wait the shadow stole his info…lol!

3 Likes

Polls at this stage are a sign of boredom.

1 Like

Texas at #9 is an utter joke.

5 Likes

They got kicked out the rankings to make room for the B1G and Pac 12

1 Like

It’s on I-10 between Baton Rouge and Lake Charles. :wink:

4 Likes

ESipn wants them there

2 Likes

The Cajuns got screwed. They won and are still undefeated, but got knocked out of the top 25 by B1G teams that won’t play for another three weeks.

5 Likes

Home of Julien’s Po-Boys…

2 Likes

It is an exercise in futility as always in Sep but the added ‘complexity’ (the nicest word that came to mind) of adding teams that won’t start their season for a while makes it more interesting to me. Is a 5-0 Miami better than a 0-0 Ohio State? Questions that I never thought I would be asking in college football but here we are…

1 Like

It’s a complete farce, AP ranking, CFP selection ranking and so forth. Penn state, hasn’t played a snap of football, yet they are ranked over a solid 3-0 UCF. Watch this silliness crumble as COVID 19 does a number on Big10 schedules and as games are cancelled in November and December.

3 Likes

If UCF can break into the top 10, they have a shot at the playoffs. The six SEC teams ahead of them, all must play each other and the three ACC must play each other. With OU taking a dive against KSU, it makes for a weird season, but UCF could sneak in.

It’s on I-10 between Baton Rouge and Lake Charles . . . . . just a block North of Raising Cane’s Chicken . . . . .

2 Likes