Championship Games

Great win for Clay Helton, UH-alum, and USC. Gotta wonder if OU and Wisconsin and Clemson lose whether USC has a chance with a 2-loss record. Isn’t the committee supposed to value conference championships?

They also value Alabama…

TCU did what they were supposed to do and played dead against Oklahoma to the tune of 42 to 17. Real dud of a rematch. What a waste of time and effort for that championship game.

1 Like

If Georgia upsets Auburn, will be interesting to see if Saban petitions to get in over Alabama’s conference champion.

Told you. The fix was in. Tcu knows better than to PO the people that feed them.

Why would you need to “fix” a game in which one team already beat the other team before? I’m guessing if the game went into overtime and OU won on an INT (like UCF), yall would say it was fixed then too. Did the AAC fix it’s championship? Put the tin foil hats away guys. OU was favored and they won. Next time you get to ask Applewhite a question, might as well ask if the league gave him a call at half time of the Memphis game. SMH

Bama is out. Georgia, OU, and the winner of the night games are in. Auburn was getting huge props for beating Georgia and Bama. Now they are just another good but three loss team. OU beat tOSU but now OU is a playoff team so they can put the Buckeyes in with a conference championship if they win. Bama fans won’t like it, neither will the SEC, but the committee can’t put Bama in. There is no path.

Clemson, Georgia, Wisconsin, Alabama… because puck the big 12.

If Ohio St wins the invites will be Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Alabama. BIG and PAC left out.

1 Like

And B1G. But who cares, farce that it is.

The bad thing for us is OU being included because it pays them for not expanding.

1 Like

TCU upset was only path for Bama to have a legit argument.

I agree but the only way Oklahoma would be left out was if TCU beat them and TCU didn’t even show up.

AGAIN, what was important was screwing the Big 12 by having OU lose…TCU not remotely able to manage it and that was clear from outset…so the game held little interest except for OU fans…i watched entire UCF-Memphis game because it was a great game and i also absolutely HATE Memphis and their perpetually dirty play on defensive side of the ball…GREAT to see them lose…

Big 10 is the prime mover on expanding the playoff. If they ain’t happy then changes get made. Big 12 is small potatoes and won’t exist in a few years anyway. It would’ve been a good step toward a better destination, but it would’ve been awful to be there.

Alabama, in effect # 3 in SEC gets in over Conference Winner Ohio State. Don’t like that outcome at all. But I plan to simply boycott watch the ESPN Championship game. Without all the conferences represented it is their championship game not the NCAA’s.

4 Likes

Exactly.

Oh I don’t like it for pure football purposes, I just think that in the grand scheme, it’s mostly farcical right now anyway but the right people just had their corn flakes peed in.

The Big 12 was a little over half full and surprisingly the UCF-Memphis game was a about 7k or more of being a sellout…

Great ratings for the AAC championship game. If anything, shows that we are way ahead of our G5 brethren.

https://twitter.com/fearthewaveblog/status/938172177513250817

1 Like