Changes are ahead for UH after 7-5 season

UAB was a bowl team the year before they went out of existence for a couple of years. It has also been well reported that had everything to do with Alabama politics, not the quality of their program. As for the quality of defenses faced, I’ll reference RT Coog’s post above

1 Like

Probably Conrad Dobler.

2 Likes

Definitely falls into the latter category.

1 Like

I think Egbule would be worse in the middle. Limited football IQ is why he does not make many plays. Out of position often and easily blocked. Put in the middle would expose this even more.

He came to mind as I wrote. That’s why I said “I don’t mean dirty”. I am talking about linemen who tried to knock someone down on every play. Clean and mean football.

Jerry Kramer and Fuzzy Thurston of Lombardi’s Packers.

1 Like

Larry Allen (Cowboys)
Russ Grimm (Redskins)

John Hannah. Maybe best run blocker ever.

Yeah. Great one!

We scored 17 against Tulsa and against Tulane this year. Kind of invalidates that point.

No people are gonna say we’re just that terrible because Tulsa and Tulane should never be good

Geez, that is why they finish in the bottom of the division… and your hero CMA lost to both of them !

Don’t expect them to be always bad. Just would hope their 2017 defenses have not surpassed our 2017 offense to be fair.

1 Like

Fritz signed a very good class this year. I’d say things are looking up in New Orleans.

Thank you for noticing. It got better than it got bad again. It was up and down all year. We can summed it up as mediocre to average. That is not good enough. Our fundamentals and placements were atrocious at times. That is not excusable at this level. I expect much sounder OL come our first game.