Chidozie Nwankwo

Yes. Oliver routinely lined up directly across from the center.

1 Like

A bit of time has passed but if you are really interested in watching a noseguard take over a game look up Rich Glover-Nebraska. Curly Culp and Michael Carter were pretty stout too.

2 Likes

Nose man is the dirtiest nastiest job on the football field.

It take a super man to play the position.

1 Like

Yes, Dot was working over the Navy center. Glad to have him back.

With Dot’s legal issue, I think Dana has to tread lightly in that area. Don’t want to heap too much praise after a guy got in trouble.

3 Likes

The PC’s are on ESPN +, I’m guessing it is part of our media package commitment .so it takes a subscription. I got ESPN + when they began broadcasting all of our other sports on it. Like basketball, baseball and some of the women’s sports, to me it’s worth 6.99 a month

1 Like

So you’re going to remember him as a guy that got in trouble. Instead of the other way where someone could have made some frivolous accusations…hence the DA office said there was no evidence to even bring to trial or in front of a judge. J/s two ways to look at it, I choose the latter n I think CDH n staff did as well , which is why they allowed him to come back n compete w his fellow teammates.

Edit: his Dad was adamant on social media when it first came up that his son did nothing wrong n would be cleared of any charges.

3 Likes

That’s not exactly how that works. The DA thought there was enough evidence to present it to a grand jury. The grand jury no billed him.

But it doesn’t matter at this point. Hopefully, he’s learned to keep away from circumstances like that whether he was part of the cause or was blamed despite innocence.

4 Likes

Yea. In this environment it might be best not to get into extended conversations about the kid. Just let things unfold and let a little time pass. I’m sure Dana gives him all the praise he wants in the film room though.

I know for a fact that Dana don’t trust the press. Even his own press.

4 Likes

Yes thanks Mike for correction. I mixed the process up.

Having presented literally HUNDREDS of cases to the Grand Jury, I can tell you that if the Grand Jury no billed this, then the case against dot was REALLY weak.

If there isn’t enough evidence to even so much as get an indictment, then there sure as Hell won’t be enough evidence to present this to a jury.

Without a grand jury indictment, we can safely write this one off.

9 Likes

I’ve lived my legal life on the civil side, but I know enough about the criminal world from law school to know a defendant getting no billed is crazy embarrassing for a DA. For anyone interested, at the grand jury level, only the prosecutor gets to present a case. There is no judge, just 12 jurors. The defendant has no right to have an attorney present and no 5th amendment rights if called as a witness by the prosecutor. The prosecutor just has to get 9 of 12 jurors to agree there is sufficient evidence to bring the case to trial. Failure to get an indictment under these circumstances is mind boggling if the case even borders on meritorious.

3 Likes

Ed’s position was literally the entire defensive line.

2 Likes

It is shown on ESPN+, I wonder if it has to do with the ESPN+ contract.

I compare that job to the guys in WWII that would throw themselves on the barbed wire so the others could run over them. The NG’s usually absorb the blocks and clog the plays so the tackles and LB’s can get the runner or passer. It’s a dirty job but someone has to do it.

1 Like

Would advise as many people as possible to subscribe to ESPN+. This streaming is problem what go us into the Big 12.

LOL! Good analogy!! Btw when I heard Luke Fickell was a NG I thought UH-OH…

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1442976114314387463?s=19

Yep. He wasn’t getting much playing time. The underclassmen took it away from him.
Best of luck to him.

Man the four game rule and the portal sure make coaching and building a team a lot harder than it used to be. It IS the new normal, so get used to it and plan for it.

2 Likes