Chron Opinion: Cancel UH Football This Fall

I guess he doesn’t understand marketing. Unless all schools drop major athletics , any school that can have div I but decided to drop would put the entire school’s identity at risk. If all schools dropped that would be ok since we’re equal but otherwise athletics is the front door to allow people to notice you exist and until all drop , .it would be a marketing disaster that would cost us more than 10-15 million to make up trying to get our name out there.

1 Like

Why doesn’t he ask UT and A&M what they think of his plan and if they would be ok dropping.

1 Like

Because they wouldn’t let him get away with that BS like we do at UH.

Why don’t we cancel his job or his department to see how much he is missed?

1 Like

I think Duarte put them up to it!

2 Likes

This is why we have tenure. So unpopular thoughts can be discussed and debated.

3 Likes

You may have stumbled into the problem with a college education these days…STALE ideas from people that cannot be fired.

Tenure in college should go the way of LIFETIME politicians. Both are a POX on society !!

1 Like

Just wish they were intelligent unpopular thoughts and not purely agenda driven and anti-athletics. We have a lot of that around these days. That was just a rant without much thoughtfulness.

And you really believe that concept exists 100% throughout the academic world these days?

1 Like

No do not believe the concept exists 100%.

The question is should the Dean of their college or the Provost be able to get rid of the professors because the influential alumni on CoogFans.com think the profs are a pain in the rear.

1 Like

But there should also be a standard and level of quality on whether professors have earned to stay in their positions YoY, just like most of the rest of us in the world. Protection of mediocrity or worse generates the same or worse.

Somehow I just can’t picture the Birmingham News SOLICITING this type of op-ed or the Alabama beat writer trying to hang out the Tide administration to dry like the Chronicle or JD did. It would be outright rebellion among the subscribers.

UH articles in the chronicle have slowed to a crawl and JD is now the last, if it all, to report UH news on Twitter. Gotta come to a head sooner or later.

I am old enough to know now that 90% of all people are mediocre at what they do. Then you got 5% at both ends who are totally terrible or totally superior at what they do.

1 Like

Pretty low opinion…are you in the top 5 or bottom 5?

If this is these professors’ view toward college athletics imagine what perspective they are bringing to their class lectures and teachings.

3 Likes

repeating: Ask these prof at UH that say things about athletics here to go say it first at UT,A&M and LSU then whatever they agree to we will follow otherwise tell that prof to go ,&### selves

We have suspended two users on this thread for blatantly political posts. We are serious about this. Take politics somewhere else other than Coogfans.

Can’t you say this about anyone who does a google search?

1 Like

Keep this thread on point from now on.

1 Like

Pssh.

1 Like