LMFAO

31-30 for the bad guys.

38 Cincy
27 Coogs

UH 28
UC 14

Balanced offense and defense stops UC

1 Like

After Tune is sacked in the end zone for a 2nd quarter safety, he gets salvation. Coogs win 3-2 on a Tune 3-run homer in the bottom of the 4th!

2 Likes

Our defense can’t stop teams when needed. UC 35 UH 17

1 Like

Cincy paper:

Forgive me, those of you in the wins-no-matter-what bunch (hey, I get it), but I’m let down about the absence of Houston quarterback D’Eriq King in this weekend’s matchup. I’m glad he’s doing what is best for him by sitting the rest of this season out to gain another year of eligibility, but I wanted to see a playmaker like that go against Cincinnati’s defense, even more so after what the Bearcats did last week to UCF. Oh, well. The Cougars are coming off an off week, have won 10 of their last 11 conference home openers and are still dangerous on offense even without King. But I think this weekend is a chance for the Bearcats to stretch their legs and get up to full speed.

## Cincinnati 37, Houston 21

1 Like

Cincinnati’s on upset alert for good reason. A win like last week is tough to get over, and Houston’s more than happy to play the role of spoiler. A game at home is just what Houston needs to get the second half of their season started, and a win would be huge for them. It all depends on Cincinnati’s energy level. HOUSTON 31 CINCINNATI 28

4 Likes

Did people actually watch that UCF game or are they just going to regurgitate “well they beat UCF so they must be good”. Heupel is to blame for that loss and UCFs running back coach. For starters, UCF had a small lead and started to panic by passing the ball on nearly every down (kendal Briles- 2018) and quit running the ball for no reason whatsoever. They gifted Cincy 3 and outs and of course, they took advantage of it. Next, the running backs at UCF are pure scatbacks with no vision; against a 3 man front where they had numbers and lanes to run through, they continuously ran right into the defensive lineman. I dont know if they know who Patrick Carr is or not, but he is NOT without vision. Took comp time out at work today so I’ll get the laptop and point this out. Lol these guys are seriously overrating that win and underrating our rushing attack.

3 Likes

Early on. Watch the LT get around.

The end of the run resulted in 18 yards.

Now in the Red zone, same look from the defense.

Running back chooses wrong gap and forfeits the run.

Ends up under a pile of Cincy defenders.

8 minutes left in the first quarter. Again no one is there to set the edge.

RB skips forward and decides to forfiet the run behind the pile of traffic.

Moving on to 3rd and 1. Cincy knew the ball would be ran. Didn’t matter because this is a numbers game when running the football. The run resulted in a first down.

Later in the 2nd, it’s first and goal and it’s big man football time. Except Cincy, like before, didn’t get the memo about edge containment. UCF backs finally see it.

Minus the goal line play, Cincy gave the same 3 man look the entire game. Can upload more but I feel the point has been made. Now to point out Heupel’s best Kendal Briles impersonation. Commentator even says at this point " I don’t know if you really want to go lateral at this point. They’re playing a 3 man front right? They’ve had success running the ball up the middle right? I would like to see them get back to that."

Heupel: No thanks. I prefer a negative play on a screen.

Hindsight is 20/20 but here would have been a good time for a slant in space and let your bigger WR body the corner from the ball. They ran it and Cincy sold out. Respect to Cincy or bad chess move by Heupel?

You get the ball back with time left in the 3rd only down by one score. Like all game Cincy gives you a 3 man front, and you run it right? Nope. You rather take a shot and get an incomplete pass.

Assuming the point has been stated, here’s some final thoughts:

1. Heupal should be ashamed at the decision to abandon the run.

2. UCF’s offensive line looked poor even though they had a numbers advantage the entire game.

3. People are forgetting how innovative CDH is when it comes to the running game. Us having a top rushing attack is not due to us not being able to pass the ball. Think about it, if we’re so one-dimensional, how are we still effective if teams know we’re not going to stretch the field? That is because most of it is by design.

4. Finally, I don’t think Cincy will give us a 3 man front, but if you go back and watch the UNT game, our offensive line looked very athletic and were getting hands on linebackers the whole game. Patrick Carr will take advantage of Cincy’s poor edge containment if they don’t sure that up.

Upset is loading. Go Coogs!

7 Likes

Never quit running when the game is close.

3 Likes

41-28 Cincinnati

1 Like

Does anyone know he status of Kyle Porter ?

When a bear and a cat love each other very much…

2 Likes

Cincy is ranked and now a 7 point favorite coming into TDECU …

They may still be on the celling after upsetting the best team in our conference … OR … they may not be … at home they are tough … on the road they are notorious for just being human … we will see

I believe our offense will still be potent and able to score points … Tune is getting better coaching-wise

What surprised me of our defense was that they have been finally coached into an aggressive unit DL-wise which resembles a chinese fire drill … it may not be pretty but it was affective … different players in and out faster than a Black Friday sale … SECONDARY-WISE we are still vunerable and THAT may be the make or break factor which may probably determine the outcome of this game …

1 Like

Please send your resume over to Khator! The way you broke that down, you need to be a part of the coaching staff…

2 Likes

Thanks man. Lol its the little things that coaches have to find to have a competitive advantage. If I seen it, I know for a fact CDH has. If we run all over them, then people need to start giving him the respect he deserves as a game planner.

2 Likes

Speed kills. Tune plays it safe with his throws and no one on Cincy has M, Steveson Speed. But Defense reigns supreme on Cincy side. Game stays under 46 for total points. UH 24, Cincy 21

This is why I say we lose tomorrow close, our secondary vs their secondary. Unt got us on the right track in that area though, and home field will be huge tomorrow. I do think we are going to come out and punch them in the mouth with aggression of redshirt drama and the home crowd, I just don’t think we’ll hang on against a quality team. Hope I’m wrong.