Class of 2020 offers

I agree with you about stars not being a decisive factor but under holgorsen I’d expect much better. With all the experience and the selling point of Houston over WVU.

Couple that with the experience and the type of players we already have on deck and bringing back. I would think we’d be better than 81. 81 is trash and says alot about our program.

Even under CMA it felt like more optimism and that has mostly to do with King leaving and us not having someone more proven than Tune.

Class rankings are about as important as stars unless we’re Alabama or LSU and company. Even as we speak there is probably a conference member that has a hole in their roster that is filling it with unnecessary positions, in order to chase stars or get the best overall player. If you look at what CDH is recruiting, you can see he’s filling needs first. We’re not Alabama or LSU; we have to make due with what we have for the moment.

Some of these guys might not play. Some might play right away. And some might become NFL caliber guys. I personally like it this way better. It’s a lot easier to stomach a 2 star Zamar Kirven developing into a real star over a 4-star player that 247 calculated was going to be a star and flopped. Of course there are numerous reasons why guys like Kirven are even rated that low from the get-go, but that’s a whole other conversation.

2 Likes

I feel like a lot of people on this board are falling into the same trap that we make fun of the clowns in Austin for. I think this was a great class, even setting aside the amazing transfers Eyabi and and marcus Among others. Chidozie would be a 4 star if he had picked a bigger school. The ranking system is so biased, same way Colin Wilder Dropped out of the ESPN three hundred after he De-committed from tech and Dropped lower once he committed to us. Dylan Robinson looks to be a stud and I think will be at corner stone of this class. We also have added great depth at the O line and D line which was much needed. And then we took a couple flyers which if they pan out is great, but it’s not the end of the world if they don’t.

2 Likes

I’m with you man. Had D’Eriq returned to UH or we had a more accomplished QB, we be looking at a preseason top 25 team, no questions ask. Given the lack of overall talent & depth CDH had to inherit, he depended heavy on transfers. I think 2021_ has to be the year when we go more heavy on HS now that coach has had two classes heavy on transfers & Jucos to replenish the roster. For starters he needs to come out with a stud HS quarterback in 2021 class.

1 Like

We get younger in 2021, especially on defense and skill positions on offense. Our best shot at a AAC championship and beyond is this year. I think Tune and the offense will surprise this year.

3 Likes

Jones is a man! That guy alone makes this class exciting. My biggest worry is protecting Clayton and forging a more experienced, older defense.

Did we just sign a 40 year old?

2 Likes

I am convinced King was never coming back and even if he had he would have been very confused in this offense and we might have had a repeat of last year. I didn’t like it but I think did the right thing if he wanted to be a qb at this level

2 Likes

What?

I think it’s a rib/joke about the Australian punter we signed.

Funkmaster said Jones is a man… I was just assuming that he was at least 40

2 Likes

Mike Gundy reference.

Came out a year that we beat them.

1 Like

I turn 40 next month. Im having a Mike Gundy themed party. Im even getting the first mullet of my life!

3 Likes

I hope it’s a mullet wig!!

1 Like

No way. I commit.

2 Likes

Mullets are coming back in style with the high schoolers.

1 Like

This is true. I’ve seen a few kids with them and it is a retro thing.

Secondly, my sophomore tells me that rock and hard rock are slowly coming back into style.

Led Zeppelin is still my band of choice. And, I wish I hadn’t gotten rid of my plaid pants from the '70s!

2 Likes

Glenn Miller and lots of other “real” musicians . . . . . are on my favorites list . . . . .

AC/DC !

1 Like