Class of 2020 offers

6-2 and 255 pounds – the dude will make a big impact on LB corps!

2 Likes

We seem to have 18 commits in this class.

Not many schollys left.

Maybe 1 or 2 tops. Don’t we have sum 4 star athlete looking at us right now.

I disagree. The strength comes from the transfers but the recruiting class hit sum key spots like pass rushers and more speed and size at linebacker.

I was just going by what the rankings had us after December recruits. It was like in 70s or 80s and even schools like Tulane were ranked ahead of Coogs. But to be honest I’m way more of Basketball, Baseball guy, Football is 3rd on my list so I’ll go w/ whatever y’all say who follow the recruits and needs closer. #GoCoogs

UofH - Historical Football Recruiting Rankings (247):
** Only two (2) Top 50 Classes over twenty (20) yrs.
20 Yr. Avg: 66.25

We have managed to do more with less talent, and have found many diamonds in the rough.

2020: 81
2019: 72
2018: 73
2017: 69
2016: 36
2015: 89
2014: 75
2013: 57
2012: 56
2011: 73
2010: 55
2009: 68
2008: 77
2007: 66
2006: 83
2005: 79
2004: 76
2003: 59
2002: 40
2001: 51

3 Likes

Hence you supplement ones you think you can develop with JC and transfers.

I am going to wait 2 or 3 years before I pass judgment on the class of 2020.

5 Likes

Kelvontay Dixon just committed to Texas. He visited UH over the weekend. ESPN 300 WR. UH needed him.

Herman needed him more. Gotta show the stars to the alums so it looks like something is going in the right direction.

3 Likes

Not to mention that it is bad optics to lose a 4 star when you have his brother on the team.

2 Likes

Texas is BACK!!:rofl:

1 Like

He would have been our only 4 star recruit.
Personally I am hoping our latest class has a bunch of sleepers who can be developed.
Glad the young men want to be Cougars but this class is underwhelming.

We win this season with the 36 red shirts, transfers, juco’s and returning wounded, next class will be stellar

2 Likes

Starting to feel like, at least on the defensive side, the players trotting out next year will look very unfamiliar to anyone not paying attention this offseason.

2 Likes

We don’t sign 4 stars every year. I don’t know who gave some folks on this board this idea, but it just hasn’t happened; the ratings are around where they’ve always been. Nothing has changed so there is very little reason for folks to feel disappointed.

1 Like

I didn’t say we get 4-stars every year . But I think many of us were hoping for a little better class under Holgersen.
The only thing we need to do is win and that should help greatly

1 Like

You didn’t say that. You are correct. I was pointing out that there are a handful of individuals who get hung up on stars and think this class isn’t good. Can it be better? Of course! Will it be better than what we usually see in regards to ratings? Probably not…and not anytime soon either.

That’s not a knock on the recruits as much as it is on 247 claiming to evaluate and rank properly. This is the norm. The 4-8 season has some thinking there is a downward trend in recruiting; but using the same metric (247 composite ratings) that others are using to make that leap in logic, we can clearly see nothing has changed.

I trust CDH and the staff’s ability to evaluate and develop. This class will probably have a few guys that make it to the NFL and turn out to be great Coogs regardless.

“If all you can do is recruit, I don’t think you can win if you focus on just getting the highest rated players without looking at the fit,” Sampson said. “That’s why I think the strength of our program is evaluation. My staff does a great job evaluating.”- Coach Kelvin Sampson

2 Likes

You just lumped CKS & CDH together. :flushed::rofl:

1 Like

lol I only did that to drive home a point. Not saying they’re in the same league. I still think CDH will be a great coach. Will he be the savior and have us in the conference championship every year? I don’t know. But at least he’ll be able to offer stability and won’t have the team fold against service academies. That’s all I personally will hope for while he builds this program back up.

1 Like