College Football Countdown: Houston's Will Noble is the Best No. 69 in College Football

Nice

By my count, there are only five Nos. 69 projected to start for FBS teams in 2018. So while Houston center Will Noble didn’t face an army of competition for the top spot, he is still one of the best offensive linemen in the country.

Only one FBS program wanted Noble as a scholarship player three years ago. You can bet the farm that every FBS program wants him as a scholarship player right now.

What? How can he be any good when he only had one offer? Why, if he didn’t have a list of 20 ranked P5 teams after him, he must not be good. Right?

Wrong. He is yet another example of how some coaches can spot a player others overlook. We have had a ton of them. However, every year there are complaints about the star rating and lack of offers for some of our recruits. Many of these turned out to be our stars.

2 Likes

69? nice!

1 Like

Quick, name the DT who was ranked above Ed Oliver in his class. Neither can I.

Star ratings are a decent guideline of how good a player is right then, but they don’t predict upside growth of a player. Only a good scout/coach can do that.

1 Like

I can, Dexter Lawrence from Clemson :yum: but I’m a recruiting junkie. I think big Ed was the #4 national recruit in the country. I believe, Rashaun Gary from Michigan was also a DT and was ranked ahead, also.

1 Like