College Football Playoff: Top 25

ESPN is only going to rank the G5s it absolutely needs to to meet the NY6 contractual obligation. They had to rank UCF and they’re selling Fresno as the alternative, so that’s it.

Obviously we’ll just have to keep winning and force our way in.

1 Like

At least there was a method to the madness.

This is the definition of a cigar smoke filled closed room. It is ridiculous that the votes of the committee are not shown. Such a sham and the greedy NCAA just lets them get away with it. If this was anywhere else there would be multiple anti-trust lawsuits filed by now.

5 Likes

Herbstreit says UCF could move up as they play the meat of the schedule. Fowler quickly stops him and says not all the way to 4.

G5 should quit thinking about the playoff. It will never happen. I don’t care if we beat OU and WSU next yr, it’s never enough. The cartel will put a 10-2 or 9-3 SEC West or B12 schools over any undefeated G5 all day, every day. It is what it is. Keep winning and hope we get a chance to compete for CCG and NY6 bowl. It’s the best UH or any G5 school can do.

1 Like

We have great lawyers who are alumni at UH plus a multi-billionaire, so why haven’t we filed a lawsuit yet. You know Tilman is a ferocious businessman and he must be seething at this garbage.

5 Likes

My only complaint is 3 loss schools get in the top 25 when are 7-1.

6 Likes

I hate when coogfans say this

Its the biggest schedule we will have until realignment. Have some damn faith man even its as much as a tip of a needle… What do we have to lose???

1 Like

The analysts were right though

Nobody in the AAC has even played the toughest parts of their schedule. Neither has Fresno.

We still have a lot of football left to play. Look how drastic the AP rankings have been changing this season.

3 Likes

So irrational. G5 can get in playoff but you ain’t getting there with UCF this year. They aren’t a top 5 team.

1 Like

Alabama is 7-0
Clemson is 7-0
LSU is 7-1
Notre Dame is 7-0 with the toughest Non-P5 schedule

In what aspect does UCF deserve to be in the top 4? Be real. Undefeated or not their SOS is not comparable to the P5. That doesn’t mean they can’t climb the rankings, but at THIS point… it just doesn’t make sense.

UCF along with with UH are just getting into the meat of their perspectice schedules. The current top 10 could have upsets.

1 Like

Exactly. Give it three weeks then start breaking furniture.

2 Likes

I’m confused. Are people upset because they think this affects out NY6 status? Or are people upset that we’re not in a CFP poll that only the top 4 teams matter in the end? :thinking:

1 Like

Not upset. We haven’t beaten anyone yet and our defense is horrific. But we have a route to the NY6.

1 Like

a poll that will be used for national recognition…being top 25 is recognition, meaningless or not…instead we were discredited

1 Like

http://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1057421441635962886

6 Likes

It was bad not being ranked.
But the worse part is them putting Fresno St ahead of us.
The bias against Houston continues.
We just have to do what we did in 2015, win out.
Sad we don’t have complete control of our path to the NY6.

2 Likes

Totally screwed

I agree , any recognition is good but no one is gonna say 2-5 years from now , “hey remember that time in 2018 when Houston was ranked 25 in the CFP poll?”. It just seems like less of a slap in the face to be left out to me. To include us and stuff unfold to where we earned a spot to get in, and then not get in(UCF last year), would infuriate most Coogs beyond descritpion. Now imagine UCF being in the poll but lose in the AAC championship to us and not make a NY6 bowl either. Lol

Yes we do. We’re still ahead of Fresno in the AP poll…