Conversations with Clayton: Sam Razz; Co-host of the Scott & Holman Pawdcast,

CT: Who is going to be the breakout player on Houston’s roster this year?

SR: I suppose D’Eriq King is too obvious of a choice here. I mentioned Isaiah Chambers briefly earlier and he’s my pick here. Chambers will be starting next to Oliver along the defensive line and is one of three class of 2016 top 100 recruits starting on the defensive [side] (Oliver and Deontay Anderson are the others). Out of high school Chambers signed with TCU and redshirted his first year there before transferring to UH to be near his gravely ill guardian (his aunt) in the Houston area. I’ll acknowledge that basing any serious analysis off of a spring game is a fool’s errand, but Chambers had a monster performance at the Red & White game and I feel reasonably confident alongside Oliver he’ll be one of this team’s biggest breakout players in 2018.

4 Likes

Insightful answers by Sam as always.

5 Likes

If Chambers can put up a big performance, it will take some of the pressure off of Oliver. If we have 3 guys who can put pressure on the QB, our DB’s will have a field day. QB’s running for their lives are not as accurate as ones sitting back waiting for an opening.

4 Likes

Don’t forge tan LB o twor adding to thethe chaos caused by our front three!!