Coogfans... Prepare for headlines

The truth hurts sometimes Coogs.

2 Likes

He may have a point about 4 games in 19 days, but the blame lies with the conference and ESPN as much as it does the school’s “attempt at capitalism.”

Also: our players flew to Denton?

1 Like

We weren’t 1-3 because of too many games. Hell, we played better the 3rd and 4th games than we did the 1st and 2nd. Lol at all this.

Sometimes we fall for the ploy that what’s repeated on twatter is legitimate commentary. What happens when we have a winning season? Were we “reverse-tanking?” “Psyche-tanking?” How about “tank-baiting?”

Maybe we’re just playing football with little depth and had a rough start.

4 Likes

Honestly I doubt this gets much coverage. The sports media is consumed with the Astros win and the NBA/China story. Casual sports fans won’t care about this story anyway. Of course, all the WVU clowns will pile on, but they all already hate Dana anyway. It’s not like this changes anything.

I’m sorry that he got injured. He probably should have called it quits after his second or third injury.

He has every right to publicly air his grievances, but I don’t think he’s doing himself any favors by doing this. But, at his age, I did plenty of things that weren’t very well thought out.

7 Likes

“Don’t have the schedule to win 10 games” Ain’t it, we don’t have the horses to win 10 games this year. Thus, that’s why players are red shirting to build depth and give us the best possible way to win big next season. The 2015 & '16 had the talent to win 10 games with this year’s schedule, I would think. The suspensions in '16 were bad juju for that team, then Judas stated flirting about seriously leaving with the whorns.

1 Like

hmmm

2 Likes

Way, way too much oversharing going on from this young man. It’s absolutely one thing to get your side of the story out there, but this is too much.

If he had kept it at being disappointed that he felt the coaches weren’t doing everything they can to win, deciding to retire, and expressing some frustration at how things are being handled. I think everyone would be much more sympathetic.

But sharing this much, making all about him, and such it sours everyone’s opinions of what he’s trying to accomplish.

4 Likes

King is really taking a beating in the comments

The kid with bad knees needs friends and a beer and stay off twitter. He would make himself a lot more employable.

Still think CDH is a better than average coach, making great coach money. Good on him. Hope it works out for Coogs.

Too much drama at the moment.

2 Likes

We’ll never know the whole story, we just need to support the players who are on the team. As Pray said earlier, they don’t just remove someone from the roster/website/etc. for no reason.

8 Likes

Anyone knowledgeable On what kind of medical players receive while in school and out of it? Seems like the NCAA ought to have some kind of fund to pay for it’s athletes injuries. Schools could be required to chip in a percentage of revenue for such a fund.

yawn. won’t affect my tailgating tomorrow. next.

5 Likes

The Athletes have insurance through the university for major injuries.

1 Like

So far not a word from anywhere on my Twitter list. We’ll see if that holds.

Bingo, Big Boy Sports is a harsh reality. The usual troll clowns are having fun with this one. To hang out on another schools board
man, you got to have one pathetic life

3 Likes

CoogDU,

You’re right. I have a commute of just over an hour, and listened to Houston sports talk radio the entire time.

There wasn’t ONE MENTION of this lunacy.

All the talk was about the Astros and Texans.

This too shall pass.

And I’ll still hold this guy in low regard due to his over the top and false “tanking” statements.

4 Likes

xsmithcoog116,

Since you asked about his degree program, here’s more info. It’s apparently a program within the College of Technology:

1 Like

Lets see, OU/UT weekend, Astros/Yankees, NBA-Rockets/China-Hong Kong, unless Duarte writes something for clicks, I don’t see there being much media coverage.

Good luck son. Social Media is really allowing kids to make poor choices.

3 Likes

4 Likes

CDH is preparing for a tough game and now he has this distraction. The is the only thing the media is going to ask CDH about.

This Murphy guy doesn’t realize it but it’s really a bad look on him. As an employer, why would I hire a guy who doesn’t know when to shut up and rants against his boss. By not hiring him I’m saving unnecessary issues at my company that certainly will come if I hire him.

He’s not a kid. He can vote, get the death penalty, drink alcohol, buy his own house, etc.

3 Likes

Ron,

I disagree. We beat Cincy tomorrow, and that will be what CDH gets asked about, not this guy.

2 Likes