Coogfans... Prepare for headlines

Nope.

Tanking = Generating more losses to get a benefit because of those losses. Specifically, taking steps to affirmatively ensure more losses for the purpose of losing.

We didn’t do that. We made a decision that was indifferent to whether we win or lose more games (even though we will probably lose more). We didn’t take steps to intentionally lose more games. CDH and everyone else would still love to win the conference, etc. If we were tanking we’d want to lose as many games as we could.

Rebuilding is a different concept than tanking. This is more of the former.

4 Likes

Former Houston OL alleges Dana Holgorsen asked seniors to redshirt after 1-3 start

As usual, yahoo just writes stuff with zero knowledge of our program. Everyone knows Dana had a serious conversation with every eligible player about redshirting. And this this is the headline that Murphy alleges this? King Corbin and CDH said he did this in the pressers multiple times. This is not news. Nor is it illegal, unethical, or anything else except a football coach building a program.

3 Likes

it seems his biggest complaint is CDH didn’t bother to look away from the screen and make eye contact. Sure a hug would have been nice too but the real story is he is a quitter and he wanted CDH to react to that in a positive way.
CDH: Who’s next up?

2 Likes

I’m just amazed that the Yahoo article wasn’t written by our buddy Pete Thamel…

3 Likes

You can add problem starter to the list as well. But I’m sure the people who are defending his poor method to exercise his “freedom of speech” want to ignore that so the guy can continue to be viewed as friggin Ghandi or Dr. King. He’s not standing up for players rights. He’s not taking a non aggressive approach. He’s being selfish and wants to tip over furniture on his way out!

4 Likes

Murphy was recruited by Kingsbury to Texas Tech.

Tech was not winning, thus he transferred to UCLA.

Last December UCLA obtained for him a 6th. year of eligibility.

But UCLA was not winning so he transferred to UH.

UH is not winning…out of transfers…so he quits.

The dots seem to easily connect.

11 Likes

Which tweet implies CDH is just cashing checks?

Only two mentions on my Twitter feed, one by Wolken (who has it in for us) and the other by Chip Brown. No follow-up in either case. Just one “Wow” and another “Gulp”

I don’t know how much play this is going to get outside of Houston, but so far looks like not much.

It will definitely help if we beat Cincinnati.

1 Like

It’s not national headlines, but a lot of the secondary sites have picked it up. Doubt it goes beyond tomorrow once College GAMEDAY starts.

Those coming after Dana on social media have had it out for him or us anyway. Pretty much ignoring them.

Biggest thing is that Murphy was a CDH recruit. Hopefully, CDH and his staff are a little more selective next time. I mentioned it up above, but, other than Nick Watkins last season, I’m not sure we’ve had a grad transfer that has worked out significantly for us. I think we need to stay away; use those schollies for high school or JUCO guys and build our depth. If a Jalen Hurts level type guy wants to come…then you say OK…otherwise, don’t need the headache.

5 Likes

Judging by Tune’s results in our last game, our chances are probably no worse, and possibly better.

2 Likes

How did he graduate from UCLA with such atrocious writing ability? That was painful to read throughout. My favorite gaffe was up front when he claimed he was “no longer apart of the team,” which literally means that he had rejoined the team. If you’re going to rent publicly, at least write as though you have a college education.

1 Like

Wow, glad that kids off the team, talk about a major cancer.

Kids got issues.

1 Like

rant*

6 Likes

Lol

Criticizing him for a typo with a post containing a typo is pretty good.

9 Likes

There’s far more in his post than a single typo. Did you read it?

1 Like

I support his right to say/post whatever he wants 100%…now, if it was my kid I’d highly suggest that he take that dirty laundry garbage off there…not helping yourself for future opportunities

Would you want to hire him for your company after reading that ? So glad social media wasn’t around 30-40 years ago…us dinos would have put up plenty of stupid posts as well…or worse

4 Likes

:yawning_face:

Agree with pray. Jucos are such a vastly more predictable element…and most are hungry.

5 Likes

Probably for a separate thread but Taggart is under contract through the 2023 season (6 years) at $5M per year. If he is fired, FSU pays him 85% of the remaining contract. 8-9 in his first 17 games. FSU might be stuck with him for another season or two.