Two big runs there…
Definitely, felt like it was getting a bit too close there.
Definitely had a good outing. Still doesn’t have the stamina to go deep yet, but he’s still only at 13 months after his surgery (Whitting mentioned it takes about 18 months to fully recover). Rooney got him out of there in time today, though.
Roedahl gives up a 2 out single and Rooney brings in Villarreal
Another single put runners on the corners. Another single scores one…Coogs lead 6-3
Groundout to Burckel results in a force out at 2nd
T9…UH leads 6-3
No walks. I’ll take it. If they wanna beat us, make ‘em swing the bats.
1 out walks to Davis and Thomas. Bielo infield single loads the bases. Lockhart flies to left, but its dropped; Bielo gets forced at 2nd, but Davis scores…Coogs lead 7-3
Hyland grounds out to end the inning.
M9…UH leads 7-3
I miss having a lock down closer…Hopefully the next incoming class takes care of that…but I have to think some of our younger guys will be improved …
- Flyout to CF for the first out
- Groundout to SS for out 2
- Groundout to Freddy ends it
COOGS WIN! 7-3
Win their 1st conference series this year. Let’s get the sweep tomorrow
Good job Coogs! Sweep will be nice, but we’ve won the series so I’m happy.
Good job Coogs…now go get the sweep tomorrow…
Had one last year and he’s still there. Not being utilized!!!
• Lovelace tied his career high with three hits. The native of Hudson, Texas, finished 3-for-4 with one RBI.
• Bielamowicz and Fuentes III each turned in 2-for-4 efforts with one run scored. Bielamowicz also reached on a hit by pitch.
• Burckel went 2-for-4 with one RBI and one run scored.
• Padgett and Triolo each doubled in 1-for-5 showings. Padgett added a run scored, while Triolo’s two-bagger delivered a run for the Cougars.
• Hyland also doubled, finishing 1-for-5 with one run scored.
• Sophomore Clay Aguilar (3-3) picked up his third win of the season. The native of Deer Park, Texas, limited the Shockers to two runs on three hits across five and one-third innings. Aguilar, who was perfect for the first 11 outs of the game, walked one and recorded seven strikeouts.
• Making his fourth appearance in as many games, junior Devon Roedahl came one and got the final two outs of the sixth inning and went into the eighth. He issued one run and allowed one hit while adding a strikeout.
• Junior Fred Villarreal tossed the final inning and one-third, retiring the side in the bottom of the ninth the secure the series win.