COOGS COACHING

IT AMUCES ME WHEN I READ ALUMS GIVING THEIR
THOUGHTS ON PLAYERS AND WHO SHOULD BE
PLAYING AND WHAT PLAYS WE SHOULD BE RUNNING
IT IS THEIR THOUGHTS BUT WE HAVE ABOUT 9-10
COACHES THAT WORK WITH THESE PLAYERS A LOT.
THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS AND COACH FOR A
LIVING.THEY SEE THESE PLAYERS JUST ABOUT EVERY
DAY. YET WE HAVE COOGS WHO SEE THEM AT GAMES
YET THEY SAY COACHES SHOULD DO THIS OR THAT.
THEY SAY FANS IS SHORT FOR FANATICKS. GUESS
THAT IS WHY WE GO TO GAMES, POST OUR THOUGHTS
ON PLAYERS,COACHES, PLAYS ETC. LOVE FOOTBALL
SEASON. GO COOGS

16 Likes

There you go again using reason and common sense.

4 Likes

Don’t confuse me with the facts…:smiley:

3 Likes

Truth over facts!

3 Likes

Oh, but that is the fun of being a supporter or fan. Coogfans are no worse then those found on other boards (from what i’ve seen).

that is what makes message boards fun!

I think they should just make an app where we can call the plays as a group.

4 Likes

i thought the O-line looked pretty good today.

4 Likes

Realizing this was SFU our offense looked like I was hoping they would look before the season started. We seem to be growing into CDH’s system. We’ll see against SMU.

3 Likes

Yeh

i don’t think it’s atrocious but the program clearly is missing the killer instinct, and overdrive. They have wilted win or lose in the 2nd half.
They don’t have the extra gear or finishing skill that champions have.
That may come in time but it has to be driven from the top down.
it’s missing on the field and the sideline right now

Keep dana

It was obvious that our team was depleted just by looking at the sidelines and the number of kids suited up.I think there were something like 45 or so in uniform, give or take a few. There sure looked like USF had a bunch more on their side than we did. But the kids we put out there played their butts off. I had a copy of the roster with me and there were guys playing that aren’t listed – we had to be told that Fulbright was #46 that made the last TD. There are two #46’s on the roster, Beal and Gordon.

One of the problems in the 3rd and early 4th quarters was that the TD returns by Jones and Parish kept the defense on the field by eliminating the offense having two drives. Then we had a couple of very short drives and the D was getting tired. Couple that with injuries taking out a pair of DB’s, and it gave USF a little life and made the game look closer than it was. It also took two drives of offense off the stats. I’m not complaining though, I loved those two plays. Parish had a mosnter game today.

Tune had an efficient game. He missed a couple of passes he should have completed and also had a few passes just plain dropped. He is a better runner than some give him credit for, but he is not the most graceful when making cuts. He needs to learn to slide instead of going head first. But who can complain about 3 TD passes and 2 TD runs. I’ll gladly take that every week.

All in all, this was a very entertaining game and I am looking for us to finish with 3 more wins, and maybe have a rematch with Cincy.

5 Likes

Agree on all points.

Missing 98, 44 and 3 on defense and 5, 22 and 34 (part of game) on offense was big.

Maybe they will ALL be back for the final 3 games…plus Bowl game.

However, the guys that played…played hard.

I also notice our offense tends to stall in the third quarter at times this year. They seem to lack energy coming out of halftime. Not sure the cause.

1 Like

I always thought Microsoft or Sony should sponsor a bowl and let their users select plays via their controller and console. Whichever one got the most votes were relayed to the offense and defense. Might be better for the Pro Bowl than college bowl but I think there is an opportunity there.

2 Likes

i would inject Fulbright in from now on to set the tone in the third if was coach…need someone who wants to see the field and brings energy and enthusiasm to inspire the team…

1 Like

My sense is more that they’re missing a couple of really solid offensive tackles, which makes the offensive line shaky, at best, and limits play calling, especially against defenses like Cincinnati. We knew going in that we had no depth at OT, and that was before we lost the transfer to Miami and Patrick Paul was injured.

All the best coaches are on message boards or in the stands.

3 Likes

two totally different issues…the oline play vs usf was good as was defense and special teams but when they got up 42-0 they relaxed as a team and let usf score 3 times. The offense stopped and so did the defense. A team with a killer instinct looks at the 0 on the scoreboard and gets more motivated about pitching the shutout…they don’t take the foot off the gas pedal
both teams were tired, both teams undermanned, usf was bad but they never quit trying…we never broke their will

There was a locker room video after the game where coach had the team lift him up and do a cheer. It was cool to see the sideline reaction from his teammates on his first collegiate touchdown. I’m sure that was special for him.

3 Likes