Coogs Get 3rd Seed in AAC Conference Tourney

What they should be stoked about is the possibility of finishing the season with one of the better records in UH history. At 24-6, this team ranks #9 with total wins. At 25 wins, we’re tied for 6th place with 3 other UH teams. A 27 win season moves us to a 5th place tie with the 1966 Elvin Hayes team, which went to the Final Four. The most wins was 32… Phi Slamma Jamma.

We need to win the AAC tournament to keep the momentum !!

That would be nice, but my position is, if we lose even 1 key contributor during the conference tourney, it won’t really matter how much momentum we have going into the Big Dance. I’d rather be a perfectly healthy 7 seed than a banged up 5 seed.

2 Likes

They can get hurt in practice…ask Van Beck.

Should we stop practicing ?

Good Lord! I don’t know if you’re missing the point of just trying to pick a fight. You’re right. They could get hurt in practice, or driving to school, or rolling out of bed. However, they are FAR more likely to get hurt actually playing a game. I’m not saying we should just forfeit the conference tourney games. I’m just saying I’m not going to be disappointed if we’re an early out in the conference tourney. If we’re healthy and have fresh legs going in as a 7 seed, that’s just fine by me.

1 Like

How much is the win worth though? Should Rob, Devin, Corey and Galen all play 30+ minutes if that is what it takes to win?

IMHO, hanging an AAC champion banner is better than one that says we went to the NCAA tourney !

1 Like

Didn’t work out to well for Tom Penders

If we end up a 5 or 6 seed, I think we have a better chance of hanging a Sweet Sixteen banner than beating Wichita State and Cincy back to back.

1 Like

Yeah but if we didn’t get rid of Tom after finally making the Dance, we wouldn’t have gotten the chance to snag Dickey! Basically the same as Levine and Herman.

(In case you’re worried, the record should still reflect that I was strongly against ditching Penders, especially when the reason was that some people didn’t feel like going to games.)

NCAA tourney games and wins make the school a lot more money

Nothing says “Amateur Athletics” or “#For the City” like more money.

I wouldn’t use the term “a lot more” as it goes to the Conference and is split 12 ways.

I like going to the NCAA, even though it is a rigged system, but being AAC champ is great also.

TP wasn’t going to last anyway as soon as Maggard left. He had no support from RK and Rhodes.

Rhodes did a great job with Dickey’s hiring thus cementing that he knew nothing about athletics !!

1 Like

Why not…there is still time to rest after the AAC tourney.

Since the title of the thread is “…AAC Conference Tourney”, imma let you finish but…

…I think UConn beats SMU, Memphis beats USF, Tulane beats Temple and UCF beats ECU.

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic. Did you just compare Penders to Levine and Dickey to Herman? If anything, I’d compare going from Penders to Dickey like going from Foster to Brooks.

2 Likes

Is Shake Milton done for the year? If so, I could see UConn possibly upsetting SMU, but I’d still pick SMU even without Milton. Tulane over Temple is a pretty bold prediction, but crazier things have certainly happened.

All we have to do is make the conference semis and I’m good. That’s playing to our seed. We play our best ball the game after a loss. We haven’t lost two in a row all year. So let’s take those facts and turn them into a sweet 16 berth.

2 Likes

I didn’t know until today that USF apparently handled SMU fairly easy yesterday. Without Milton I’ll be very surprised if they win a game

Wow! I didn’t see that. And just a game after blowing out Memphis by 24. A little late for USF to start playing actual basketball, isn’t it?

UConn is a tough match up when they play like they actually care. Jaylen Adams is an incredible player. If the Rockets weren’t so guard-heavy, I would hope he ends up in Houston. He would fit right into Dantoni’s scheme. UConn has been such a weird team this year. They beat SMU in Storrs by 11 when SMU was full strength.

Ok, you’ve convinced me. I think UConn will beat SMU.

1 Like