Coogs land Alton McCaskill

We really needed a great RB

6’1 200

Wow!

1 Like

Saban has a 5 star running back on deck so I doubt he cares what Houston gets.

2 Likes

But if Saban signed him he would become a 5* as soon as he committed.

3 Likes

OMG! Him and Kopp are probably the two biggest booms in this year’s recruiting for us!

4 Likes

Wilson too.

I like our recruiting class. Can’t wait to see who commits next.

2 Likes

I’m extremely happy he committed to us! Not just because of the fact that it is terrific for us since he is very talented, but also because I truly feel he has a better shot of developing as a player and becoming an NFL player than he would if he committed to Alabama or some other top Power5 school since they would probably bury him in the depth chart. What a waste of talent that would be!

1 Like

Just about a week or so ago I saw he was rated as a 4 star player, I think it was on the 247 site since that is the site I checked first before any other site. I’m very surprised that you said he isn’t listed as a 4 star player! I guess these sites pulled another downgrade trick for our recruits again just to discourage kids from committing to G5 schools like us!

He was listed as a 4 star a week ago. I saw it just last week! I think the site I saw it on was 247.

1 Like

Nice to hear some good news for a change!

1 Like

They definitely do knock them for signing with us. But if you look at ESPN they still have him as a 4 star… but they also have kopp listed as the 48th pro style qb. Theirs is mostly based on offer list I feel like

1 Like

He looks like a very fast rb from his high lights

1 Like

“She?” What the ----------!

1 Like

No doubt about it! I have seen too many times over the years how our commits were constantly getting downgraded from 4 stars to 3 stars! They also did that with Ed Oliver before they finally gave him his 5 star back just 5-6 days before signing day! I clearly remember that as I checked those sites 4-5 times a week!

3 Likes

Here is his highlights from his senior year:

1 Like

So he can cut, run, and drag a few people along while he’s doing that sometimes. Awesome.

Go Coogs.

2 Likes

And he can catch like a WR…I’m excited!

8 Likes

That was my impression also. We signed a power runner with speed.

Holgorsen knows how to use fast backs. Remember Bryce Beall.

He’s not as big or fast as Dickerson was but I am elated to get a quality back who is in the conversation!

For the recruiting rankings crowd, does this give us a nice bump up from #92?

1 Like