Cord Cutters

We have YouTube TV…just that everything is reruns during this Corona Virus outbreak…I can’t wait till sports start back up to catch real games. We have it on Xbox 1.

PS constantly is losing something. My PS3 went down. Had a bunch of free movies…but then a couple of movie channels canceled before the whole thing went down. Xboxb1 works better IMO.

Been happy with YouTube TV to this point. I wish they’d add NFL Network by the fall. It’s the only thing I miss from PS Vue.

2 Likes

I kind of wish they would stop adding stuff because it’s just going to make the price go up eventually. I didn’t go to streaming because I wanted to have all the channels.

2 Likes

I won’t argue with you there. LOL I don’t use more than a dozen or so, if that. I like that I can move my favorites to the top and that it’s easy for my wife to switch to her account, and she can have her favorites arranged as she likes them. I don’t know if the other services have that, but they should.

3 Likes

Went with YouTube TV at the office. $53.11 per month all in. Installed on three devices (one smart tv and the two older TVs needed Rokus). Did it for the sports channels last year so we could watch march madness in the break room.

Very happy for the money.

3 Likes

Was doing the same until Amazon and Google reached an agreement so YTTV is now available for Amazon Fire Stick. Seems easier to use instead of firing up the XBox.

1 Like

Itcoog,
I cut the cord too ! I got a MOHU leaf outdoor amplified antenna . I think it was around $50 . I put it up while I am finishing my new house . We are on a small hill in Keller Texas. There is plenty online info for sighting the antenna . My A/V guys were blown away ! I use a ROKU tv and get about 60 channels most of which are crystal clear. Zero dollars monthly ! Beat that !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

I definitely cannot beat $0 and now YouTubeTV is raising its monthly rate $65 since they are adding new channels. And none of them are of interest to me…they need to come out with some different options without having to pay for EVERY channel: To our YouTube TV members: an update to our content and price

FuboTV is adding ESPN this summer (and already had ATT SportsNet) – the price may not be much different but maybe I can watch the Rockets and Astros without missing all of the ESPN games.

Would Mohu work for you ? I hate seeing fellow Coogs get ripped off like that.
Go Coogs !

Hulu Live raised their price as well. Might as well go back to cable at this point.

1 Like

You are right. I’ve run the numbers and U-verse is not that much more expensive when I bundle all I want. It does take vigilance, every year is a renegotiation. The only downside of U-verse is that the compressed signal lacks a bit in picture quality as opposed to comcast or satellite. That can be solved by running Apple TV, fire stick, or the like and use my U-verse log in to view in streaming mode. The fiber optic internet is very reliable and affordable when bundled.

I thought the direction for streaming was the cafeteria plan (Sling) but it looks like the big boys like the cable model where I have to pay for 100 channels even though I may watch only 10 or 15 of them.

@Cougaren I had not heard of Mohu before so I did a little research after your post. This sounds good for OTA channels but I still need internet to stream the channels like ESPN, etc. Right now, I use an antenna that I bought off Amazon for OTA channels and have had good success with that.

@lowbehold Are you comparing the numbers with the receivers, taxes, charges, etc. or the package price? I am starting to get the same feeling about the cost but I have not looked at bundling for probably five years. I also do not want to pay for a dvr service or each receiver (I need at least three unless I can stream for free with U-Verse or Xfinity) and I really hate the hassle of trying to get the latest and greatest price when my promo ends. I keep hearing U-Verse fiber is coming to my neighborhood but right now I think it is just in the planning stage.

1 Like

Interesting YouTubeTV review and how it works for those interested:

I was complaining about the price over on the Football forum but should probably keep it over here and leave the other post about 1grayfox and his Fortnite accomplishments.

Cleaning out my home office files and ran across an old Warner Cable bill from 1994. Here is the rundown:

$11.95 Basic Tier
$10.63 Expanded Tier
$1.32 Standard Tier
$1.49 Standard Tier Converter
$19.46 Premium Pkg: Cinemax, HBO, Guide
some other stuff
$45.97 TOTAL per month

Crazy how expensive cable has become in such a “short time”

1 Like

You could buy a new 1/2 ton truck for $15K too.

Very true

1 Like

Of course, I just ran across my Spring 1990 UH invoice:

15 hours
$270 Tuition
$90 Student Service Fees
$90 General Use Fees
$15 UC Fees
$30 Computer Fees

So I would like to apologize to the cable TV industry for pointing out their price increase…

Now back to Cord Cutting

1 Like

:rofl: