Cotton Pickin Uniforms

They only want an excuse to throw things at UH players and fans [and maybe the refs too].

2 Likes

They left us out of the Big12ā€¦can we punch them in the face for that!!!..what they can do for us is help us into the Big 12.

4 Likes

Pettiness is not wanting us in your conference because you do t want to compete(Because you know youā€™ll lose).

5 Likes

So now Iā€™m hearing that not only did Tech ask us to not wear white jerseys so they could, but they also would NOT allow is to wear the home reds (which Iā€™m sure we would have been fine with) instead stipulating that we could only wear the dark grey alternates. Ridiculous on their part if true.

8 Likes

Well screw them

I canā€™t believe any our fans are taking Tech side

3 Likes

Tech fans are classless. How can you compare a city in a time of need with your want of using a white uniform. No one forced them. Ontop of that we have an inferiority complex, we are petty, we havent returned the favor, and you didnt back us up for inclusion? Thats a great way to get your way.

2 Likes

Not surprised when your fans hurl tortillas and batteries at the visitors. Iā€™m sure there are some nice folks in Lubbock but tech spoils the entire bunch. I hope we blow them out by halftime!

Where are you getting this info? Sounds like something Duarte could chime in on, on twitter.

1 Like

Really man!!! That writer and those that associated with him should be ashamed of themselves. Comparing a catastrophic event to color of uniform is truly pathetic. Tell that to all tech alums that lost their houses, money or family members if it the same as switching jersey color. And yes, all the Coogs fans that take side with Tech on this topic should be ashamed themselves too.

5 Likes

This +1

Article looks like it was taken down

Nopeā€¦ just movedNew link

This is only a concern to people with nothing better to do. As with most off the field antics and bulletin board material and revenge, etc., it all comes to a screeching halt when the ball is snapped and someone gets throttled. Hopefully, weā€™ll be doing the throttling. Tech fan upon exiting stadium, ā€œWell, at least we held to our principles about the uniform fiasco ā€¦ and then the game started.ā€

1 Like

A little understanding, guys. If the last decade saw our win count sub .500 weā€™d have more threads on uniforms and maybe make up a dispute over what weā€™re wearing saturday night.

1 Like

With a high of 80 forecast for Saturday, our guys might get cold wearing the icy whites. :grinning:

4 Likes

Under the current scheduling circumstances I think UH should change to all white home uniforms anyway. They look awesome and weā€™ve got one of the hottest ave. game temps in the country.

We went through Harvey saying they helped in someway is classless. That writer can eat unmentionables.

3 Likes

The rule says that the visiting team shall wear white, unless the home team gets written agreement to change before the season starts.

What if the story is that marketing intern #4 at Tech didnā€™t send the letter over the summer, the mistake was caught in a marketing meeting last week, and they scrambled to beg us to bring the reds (and beg might be a funny way of saying tried to Big 12 snob us into bringing the reds), but we decided not to do any favors for yet another school that has spent decades mostly voting against our membership in their conference. Whoā€™s petty?

1 Like

I donā€™t know the source or the accuracy of the source, but I read somewhere that Tech didnā€™t want us to wear our reds (which makes sense in their stadium since red is also their main color), which left our alternate dark gray unis as our only option. Thinking it might be horrendously hot for this game, we said thanks, but no thanks.

Again, Iā€™m not saying this is accurate, but just something I read (canā€™t even remember where I read it), but it does kind of make sense. Honestly, I donā€™t think I could possibly care any less what uniforms we wear and all of this sounds rather silly to me. Just gamesmanship is all it is. I will look forward to kicking Techā€™s butt no matter what color we wear.