Cotton Pickin Uniforms

UH isn’t petty. tech writer who leaked the information all of a sudden is trying to create a buzz around this game.

3 Likes

Wearing white is an advantage outdoors early in the season due to temperature. Why would we give up an on-field advantage so Texas Tech can play dress up?

6 Likes

Yeah maybe. If Tech really is that sore about this we could have just accommodated it with an agreement that we can wear white next time we host. Tech seems more petty if they are really making it an issue. I don’t think there’s much of a game advantage, but if someone has stats to back up that road teams perform better when it’s really hot out due to wearing white vs. normal weather games (doubt anyone has ever run the numbers on this but I’m sure you could) then I’d retract that we are being at all petty.

Providing BB material could end up being even more of a game advantage. Who knows?

8 Likes

According to the CDC, one of the tips for athletes performing in hot conditions is to "wear loose, lightweight, and light-colored clothing. I think that’s wear the general idea comes from.

Seriously? THIS is an issue? Waah, we wanna wear white coz it’s for cotton and all the cotton farmers and cotton products and, well, coz it’s hot! Well, guess what? It’s hot all September in Lubbock, and probably half of October. You wanna celebrate cotton? Spray-paint your helmets white to look like a cotton boll, and represent the cotton stuffed inside.

Some people suggest we’re being petulant,and this might make them mad and give them more motivation to beat us. As if winning a football game and a chance to be ranked and earn a bowl game weren’t enough.

Come back when you grow up!

8 Likes

This is pandering to a corporate sponsor with the side benefit of getting to wear a slightly cooler shade on game day in Stink Town. UH equivalent would be IBEW asking the Coogs to wear “shocking” albino at TDECU for IBEW day.

ck

Yeah, I don’t really think it’s “pandering to a corporate sponsor”. Cotton is on the university seal, after all.

I’m just impressed that the biggest story about the game right now is uniforms.

Uniforms.

SMH.

3 Likes

Silliness. I hope we win Saturday if we don’t it won’t derail our season. Ho-hum P6 non-conf opponent. I just wanted to win the Sumlin Bowl and we did that with glorious style. Navy leads our division and has a non-conf loss and Boise is likely to take one Sunday as well.

I want this game badly…we loss the last two to TT. Our overall record is at stake…we need our 19th win over them…

5 Likes

I think we should change uniform color only if TT actually wears cotton jerseys

7 Likes

TT doesn’t need an excuse not to play us, all they have to do is not schedule us. They are on our schedule in 2020 & 2021, after that, we don’t have an opening until 2024. When it comes to scheduling 8 years from now, what we will have worn Saturday will not be a factor.

White is cooler for our players in day games. After sweltering last Saturday, I think we should make it as cool for them as we can. On TOS, Sellers gave an explanation of what happened and it is logical.

3 Likes

If you really want to piss them off show up in all red after we tell them that we’re going all white. I’m sure Tech fans will completely lose it. It will absolutely ruin their night of cow tipping later.

6 Likes

lol…"'sup brah"…

1 Like

Why should we switch? what did they do for us and why didnt they listen to the first no? They already wore white and no one is bending over for them. They can have a cotton jersey thats not white.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

We have repped Cotton more than they have. Just sayin

6 Likes

Now this is a reach and tacky on top of that. Conflating Houston Harvey relief with uniforms is classless, low and unfair. You don’t give to get.

9 Likes

Tech fans have a right to be livid…

1. The live in Lubbock…
  2. Hard to eat corn on the cob without a full set of teeth
6 Likes