Cougars Host Angelo State on Wednesday

Cougars Host Angelo State on Wednesday

Men’s Hoops faces Rams in second exhibition game of season at 7 p.m., inside Hofheinz Pavilion

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111516aad.html

Coach Sampson gives a positive statement on Angelo State’s head coach Cinco Boone’s page.

1 Like

Angelo State played an exhibition game against Texas two weeks ago and got rolled by 40. I would expect a similar result tonight.

One more time I’ve got to miss a game (despite season tickets). My schedule up to Thanksgiving is bulging. Should clear up after TG. Just reporting so when/if people b**ch about low attendance, I’'m guilty tonight. Claim it and name it. Booo, slap my hand, Bad Cougar!

It seemed like there was some confusion as to whether this game counts toward the Cougars’ record. I know now it’s going to be considered an exhibition. Anyone know why it happened the way it did? Or why UH scheduled a second exhibition after technically making its season debut last Friday?

CKS let slip after one of the last games that we may have had a game setup with what sounded like TCU, but that they may have pulled out late. Since they couldn’t find a replacement and didn’t want to go too long without playing, they scheduled Angelo State and made it an exhibition to not further hurt our OOC SOS.

1 Like

I think he called it a scrimmage. We’ve scrimmaged Baylor, Sam Houston, etc in the past.

W

T

F

Yet we were down 7 at half.

Looking better now. Apparently someones got a talkin to at half.

Up 13 now. Playing great defense. Forcing long threes and turnovers.

What a meh performance. I blame Trump.

2 Likes

Second Half Surge Lifts Coogs
Cougars use 27-5 run to erase second-half deficit, Damyean Dotson leads all with 20 points
http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111616aaa.html

UP NEXT
Following Wednesday’s game, the Cougars hit the road for the first time when they compete at the Gulf Coast Showcase inside Germain Arena in Estero, Fla.

The Cougars open that tournament at 6:30 p.m., Monday, before facing the winner/loser of Kent State/South Dakota on Tuesday. Houston closes out the regular-season tournament on Nov. 23 at a time to be determined.

From there, Houston returns to the friendly confines of Hofheinz Pavilion to play host to Cornell at 4 p.m., Nov. 26.

It was obvious that the whole team considered the game “a scrimage” too; that first half was one of the ugliest things I have seen in 25 years! And then we blew them up in the first several minutes of the second half with that 27-5 run.

But, what the heck were they thinking (coaches or players) late in the game? We had a comfortable lead, and all we had to do was kill the clock. So, every time we got the ball we came running down the court and took a shot immediately - sometimes from the parking lot - and often missed, giving them the ball and another chance to cut the lead. And then - to add insult to injury - we often fouled as they made their shot at the other end, giving them a chance to score even more. They do that with most other teams, and they will blow a game and lose.

A MOST UNSATISFYING WIN!