Covid-19 stats, projections, trends, graphs

My wife left for school nervously. She had her PPE ready. Kinder 1st and 2nd start this week. I jokingly started saying “People are saying that kids…” she gave me a look mid sentence that clearly said if I value our children, marriage and my life to just stop and not finish my sentence.

2 Likes

Good luck, Sam. Thanks for doing what you do!

4 Likes

My daughter has been back in preschool for about a month. So far, so good. They cut back the class sizes. No parents are allowed to enter the building (car rider line), they get their hands sanitized prior to entering. Teachers are all in masks. Amazing how resilient young kids are. My daughter is just going with it and is very happy to be back at school.

3 Likes

Kids are pretty resilient and the masks just become the new norm. Teachers are an amazing group, I couldn’t do what they are tasked to do…pre or post covid.

Tip of the hat and huge respect for all teachers.

3 Likes

Kids generally adapt more easily than adults do to. So whether it’s having to wear masks or switch to remote options, they will adapt. It’s adults that throw their hands up in the air and throw up mental blocks.

3 Likes

It’s definitely different this year. And she knows it is different (she’s almost 3), but she is really embracing it. She’s all about washing her hands. And the first thing she wants to do when she gets home is put on some hand sanitizer. Adults definitely could learn a lot from kids in this aspect. They’re better at dealing with change.

She’ll put on her mask and have you call her a doctor. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Credit to you guys!

. I am sure you guys modeled the behavior that has made it easier for her.

I watched a melt down at the mall yesterday. A lady and her daughter were walking around not wearing a mask. An employee asked them to mask up please. It was like the lady with her daughter was looking for this kind of encounter. She went off and the daughter who was maybe 10 kept saying masks are unconstitutional. The daughter just reflects what is modeled at home.

That is so sad and ridiculous.

The mom and the daughter were recording it all…so were many standing around. I guess hoping for a viral moment.

I saw a video 2 weeks ago of a lady in tears after being asked to leave HEB for not wearing a mask. She cited a medical reason, but it was not lost that she was also wearing an anti-mask T-shirt in the video. The lengths people will go to get “the clicks and likes”.

1 Like

Anyone with a medical condition that keeps them from wearing a mask would likely be at a huge risk if they got COVID. They should be quarantining at home.

Of course, we all know better.

2 Likes

I have 3 kids. They teach me things all the time. Sometimes the common sense simplistic way they view things call out the stupidity in the nuance that adults get caught up in.

But yes children are also highly impressionable, so they will follow whatever their parents impress onto them. This last year has a been a lot for my 12 year old to process, but there was a lot that I had to explain to my 5 and 7 year old too. Now more than I ever I’ve found it very important to talk to my kids about the world around them.

2 Likes

Yep…and when these folks melt down citing a medical reason for not wearing a mask and the business offers to have someone shop for them…solving their issue…they just keep going with their meltdown.

They have come to believe masks are a sign of fear and weaknes…thank you FB. And their defiance, in their minds, is showing strength and “I ain’t skerd “. With total disregard for others.

1 Like

One of my kids told he he saw a story over the weekend that in Germany an American (he said military) who was positive knowingly went out bar hopping and started an outbreak.

I just saw the story on the news, it didn’t say if the American was military. Had symptoms and was told to quarantine…but no…:man_facepalming:t2: Had to get their drink on.

For those of you who thought Dane Roy’s twitter and YouTube videos were good. Go check out his panademic quarantine videos. He had to quarantine at a hotel for 14 days upon arriving in Australia. It was mandatory for all arriving travelers. It was a 2k dollar surcharge to his airline ticket.

https://twitter.com/dRoy/status/1304175618599186432?s=20

I just heard this news story…it is preliminary based on research in Italy. I can’t find the study but here is a link to the story.

Again preliminary but kids are less likely to be asymptomatic. Which is good for schools and teachers.

However, in a different study it is believed that those who are asymptomatic shed live virus longer than symptomatic kids.

Again, much of it is preliminary.

In children symptoms present a bit different. Historically, parents have a habit of dosing up kids with fever reducers and sending them to school. I hope that is a practice that stops.

2 Likes

Well…at least it’s an enthusiastic bunch :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

They were getting started early with a tornado drill? Lol. :man_shrugging:t2: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

World’s largest vaccine maker states that if two doses of corona vaccine are required, it will be 2024 before everyone’s is effectively vaccinated

1 Like

They look like they need a few more hours of sleep. I know that state.

They always said he was a crack up. Very creative. I hope he chooses a career to leverage those skills.

Dane is funny as hell. He is glad to be home with his wife.

Can we try this here? Lol

My wife had her first run in with anit-maskers on the first day of school as the parents dropped off their pre schooler.

3 Likes
1 Like