Cronin leaves Cinci for UCLA

I think Cincy goes after Richard Pitino @ Minn.

2 Likes

Cincy and Lville are big rivals when they share a conference. Richard just signed an extension. Iā€™d kick the tires on Dawkins at UCF. Cincy board throwing around Nick Van Exel. I used to love watching him play.

1 Like

Nick Van Exel was a baller and clutch shooter, didnt realize he was coaching now. He would be a great addition to Cincy!

2 Likes

Thought UCLA wanted a run and gun coaching style !

What? Whatevs. UCF basketball is about as sexy as granny panties. :laughing:

1 Like

Iā€™d rather Cincy go after big talent outside of the conference than mess with any momentum other conference members have gotten from current coaches.

The writing was on the wall for Cronin. Guessing rumors were true that Cincy was wanting to restructure his contract. He was really good at competing at the conference level but was less than spectacular once he got to the NCAA tourney.

2 Likes

If i were Musselman, Iā€™d back out of hog and go to UC.

6 Likes

Man, this is a surprise! I havenā€™t heard much at all about him going to anywhere else!

How does UCLA think Cronin is better then Steve Alford based on that stats? Did Alford drop off as a coach and performed poorly the last several years?

The Ball family ruined Alford if you ask me. Heā€™s a good coach a little out of his element in Cali I wouldnā€™t blame Cincy if they turned around and hired him. Played at nearby IU.

6 Likes

Exactly! What he did at UNM was remarkableā€¦look at what they have done since he left.

1 Like

ā€œMajinCoog, post:25, topic:18561ā€]
UCF basketball is about as sexy as granny panties. :laughing:"

Not That Anything Is Wrong With Thatā€¦

Mario Elieā€¦

1 Like

I guess that was a joke ? :roll_eyes::thinking:

1 Like

Will Gina Gaston have to leave ABC 13 if he take that job???

Salaries for top basketball coaches are heading north, and picking up speed. The older, entrenched coaches at top programs probably wonā€™t move much, but as a group, theyā€™re gonna want to get on the big payday train. I think there will be a lot of movement going forward.

Was that the kiss of death to Mario?

Mario coached outside of Houston and she didnā€™t leave, so I would think that she would stay here just in case Mario got firedā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t see Kellen going to Cincy. He would not want to compete against dear old dad would he? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Gina is not going anywhere and best Mario can do is to get back to being an assistant at whatever level he chooses. Highest heā€™s been is 3rd assistant at NBA level.