Dana Holgorsen Media Availability (4/12/21)

Singleton, Dell, Trahan all were mentioned as being good receivers.

Seems like he mentioned one more but cannot recall the name.

Three things stood out to me…

1. Holgorsen is very authentic in his manner and his comments
  2. I am as concerned about his comments regarding the offense as I am pleased by his comments regarding the defense.
  3. He has a fridge in his office full of Red Bulls. Hilarious!
1 Like

Starts at 6 and yes, it’s at TDECU.

And Street got a mention.

1 Like

I am concerned in Year 3 that a Holgy team is still underachieving on offense. I was more concerned about fielding an adequate defense when he was hired.

I am no Holgy Hater and defend him most times but I expect drastic improvement on offense this season and am hoping his concerns were more to light a fire under some of the guys.

4 Likes

How do we know how good the defense is when it is only facing an offense that admittedly is bad?

4 Likes

Because they are bigger, stronger and faster!

3 Likes

So is everyone else we will play.

1 Like

Coach seems to be a straight shooter ! It is refreshing after some of the Coach Speakers we have had before .
Go Coogs !

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/247SportsPortal/status/1384527766796656646?s=20

from Magnolia, had a UH offer coming out of HS

Who says our offense is bad? No coaches that I’m aware of “admitted” that. CDH said he has some concerns about the 2nd string WR’s that are in camp now and wants to add a couple of transfers. But, he was very happy with the first 5, with only 4 able to start. So that leaves 3 more backups that need to step it up. Of course, he also has Guidry coming in as a freshman and I am eager to see how he des in fall camp.

He also would like to add another back-up at QB because the freshmen need seasoning. That makes sense.

2 Likes

Speaks to just how underrecruited the offense was. Not only bringing in a little different system, but you need the guys to pull it off. Hopefully we can this year with proper protection.

2 Likes

CDH has admitted during camp that the offense has been very pedestrian. When you think of CDH, do you think you would be getting pedestrian? He realizes it and is taking all sorts of steps to sure it up.

I’ll say that coaching at the college level only gets you so far (x’s and o’s) and is more about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s you recruit.

Last night on YouTube I watched Dana’s media questions and answers.

He seems strong on our RB’s and has 5 who can play plus he welcomes the Freshman stud in August.

Has 5 OL out with injury but still has 10 who can play during Spring training.

3 Likes

Tucson That helps to know that 5 OLine guys are out with injury, hopefully they are back at full strength for depth purposes.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/shpawdcast/status/1384607247918002178?s=21

1 Like