Dana Holgorsen Spring Football Media Availability (March 29)

I couldn’t catch when the spring game/scrimmage is if there is one.

I think coach said they would have open scrimmages on the 2 Friday when fans can go to practice

April 2nd?

No, Its after that. Team jas weekend off starting Friday.

1 Like

Hopefully we have turned a corner with Holgerson.

1 Like

Open practices for public are April 16 and April 23

2 Likes

I think it’s the 16th and 23rd don’t quote me on that

Thanks!

Sampson took over a program that hadn’t won a tournament game in 30 years and broke that streak by year 4. By year two, he had the team in the NIT, and was clearly making progress.

Holgo took over a program that hadn’t gone under-.500 two years in a row since 2002, and broke that streak in year 2.

1 Like

Five - Kody Russey ( C); Latrell Bankston (DT); Tre Williams (WDE); Alex Hogan (CB); KeSean Carter (WR)

So what i remember is Coogfans was still unsure of Sampson after year three. Anyway i had always heard you csn turn around a bball program much quicker than football. This goes to the real debate. What was the state of UH football when Dana took over. Even if you thought it was in a good place Dama still should be given time to mold the team to his form.This concept seems lost to the same crowd that complains about continuity hires.

4 Likes

Hey, that’s my standard yearly prediction. :grinning:

3 Likes

Jeez. The logical fallacies here could be the topic of thesis.

A lot of size AND height on the lines, Wow!

Cool thing about the internet is you don’t have to remember. It’s still there.

http://www.coogfans.com/search?expanded=true&q=Sampson%20before%3A2017-11-10%20order%3Aviews

There were a couple of crazies after losses talking about firing everyone, but generally, it was pretty clear at the time that they were, in fact, crazy. I don’t think anyone (least of all me) realized he’d lead us back to the Final Four, but the consensus opinion pretty clearly held that he was an improvement on Dickey and that we didn’t really want him going anywhere.

Why wasn’t that true of Applewhite?

I’m not sure what that link provided.

Applewhite was a continuity hire and the only direction we went was down with him.

Does anyone have any insight on who we may be looking at adding at left Guard from the portal?

Need to update?

Simple, CMA didn’t inherit a dumpster fire and a team coming off a 70-14 epic embarrassment

3 Likes

Will Coach have a press conference this week?