Daylight Saving Time Begins Sunday. But Is It Time For It To End?

Yes, please

And so commences one of the two times every year when people bemoan the fact that we still spring forward and fall back at all. Plenty of folks – and some states – are calling for an end to it altogether. Here in Texas, State Sen. Paul Bettencourt of Houston has filed a joint resolution calling for Texans to vote on the elimination of Daylight Saving Time.

“The issue of Daylight Saving Time has roused passions on both sides of the debate for over 100 years,” Bettencourt said in a statement. “Giving Texans the opportunity to vote on the issue will settle the debate once and for all in the Lone Star State.”

2 Likes

I like daylight savings time. I hate driving home in the dark, and I like having more evening hours for running and walking after work.

Keep it, and have it for as many months as possible!

2 Likes

I agree. I think the lawmaker is requesting that we do without daylight savings time, but I’d prefer it the other way around.

1 Like

Let’s vote on the need for politicians.

2 Likes

Its a lot of bad feelings about nothing in my opinion. The night it changes each year, you lose an hour. Once. One hour. Total. On a weekend, where most people could decide to go to bed an hour earlier.

I’m with you guys on this one. I get home around 6 or 6:30. Gives me ample time each evening to spend in the garden.