Defensive philosophy

No I don’t think it’s anyone’s problem, I’m simply suggesting that people (you) shouldn’t tell others that they are “wrong” off of an alleged analysis. I’m not trying to discredit anything he said; it’s only assumed given my opinion (there’s that word again) on the DC. However, It would be more conducive to an environment that encourages objective conversations to not suggest people are wrong also on the basis of philosophical disagreements (there’s a lot of this going on).

In other words, anyone that disagrees with Manster, Pesik, and whoever else that thinks the DC is losing sleep trying to fix this defense, should not be assumed to be incorrect because the aforementioned fellas have contrary views/data front and center. As far as putting in the work to contradict his data is concerned, just because someone isn’t picking apart someone’s work doesn’t mean it’s correct. Let me ask you, did you take his/her word, then tell someone else they are wrong, or did you do your own research and suggest the other person is incorrect? That’s what I’m getting at. The person that you’re saying was wrong could be correct, but you wouldn’t know if you don’t look for yourself.

Lol love the hyperbole. Numbers don’t PROVE anything. I’m not a numbers guy. I’m a film guy. People who are consumed with numbers, thinking that they are absolute, end up being shocked on game day. Prime example, tech. People spent an entire week quoting their offensive stats and our defensive stats, and then the game ended and people are shocked the contrary happened. I’d rather isolate the issue, and the schematic trends instead of the statistical trends. I mean when coaches go back to see where they went wrong, the stat sheet is not one of those places! I don’t think any of us are wrong, just philosophical differences in how to analyze a team’s success/failure. We can all still be friends man.

Interesting concept x Smithcoog but agree to disagree doesn’t seem to sit well with some folks here.

1 Like

You know what is crazy? I feel TSu putting up a legit 30 points up. Non garbage time :sleepy:

That is crazy… no really… you should be evaluated.

2 Likes