Deontay Anderson DB transfer from Ole Miss

The NCAA can still grant the waiver it is now they actually have to make a real decision. If they allow the waivers they will be saying that Ole Miss lied. Ole Miss will grumble and that will be the end of it. If the NCAA denies the waivers they will be saying Ole Miss lied, too bad so sad and then they will face as many as 5 lawsuits from the players.

2 Likes

Big picture the more “exceptions” that are being made for the one year transfer rule the more the rule itself is going to be questioned. NCAA free agency is a nightmare scenario for programs like Ole Miss. Oh 4 star Billy didn’t start his freshman year? Just transfer to a non-SEC school, you will play plenty.

Agreed
as much complaining as some of the non-P5 schools do about changing the transfer rules, the P5 schools would likely be hurt more in the long run as kids realize that they value playing time over riding the bench.

I agree with the last 2 posters, but that’s not what this is about for Patterson or Anderson. Both of those guys played as freshmen. This about is about Ole Miss lying to them to get them to stick with Ole Miss. If that’s the case, I don’t see it as so much an exception to the rule as a punishment to Ole Miss for lying to kids.

“If I didn’t know better, I would have thought Ole Miss hired Pinocchio to write its response to Michigan’s waiver request,” Mars said. “What’s more, the misleading statements to the sports media that Ole Miss publicly apologized for six months ago were the same misleading statements that Shea and a dozen other players and their parents say Ole Miss was telling them at the same time — both in person and over the phone.”

I like the odds with Michigan up against the NCAA. Go Blue!

https://m.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/UH-wait-safety-Deontay-Anderson-s-waiver-12838315.php?utm_campaign=twitter-mobile&utm_source=CMS%20Sharing%20Button&utm_medium=social

“His waiver is still in the process,” Applewhite told a group of attendees at UH Day hosted by the Touchdown Club of Houston. “It’s the NCAA 
 they could surprise us tomorrow, or it could be another two months.”

4 Likes

It seems as if we sent the right paperwork but the ncaa is suffering from a case of shredernitis.

Meanwhile in the ncaa newest building

2 Likes

If he is ruled eligible this year, will he have 2 or 3 years left ?

3 left. Played as true frosh.
Last season-redshirt due to what he was told by Ole Miss Coaching staff on the sanctions.

He was 2nd team SEC All-Frosh in 2016.

1 Like

Yep. JD said 2 in his article, which is wrong.

1 Like

I thought so.

“still in process” I dont see why he would get denied. He voluntarily sat out already. Making him sit out another year to satisfy a superiority complex is a waste of his talents. If he does i hope they get sued i dont see how many other high profile cases they have going on that they cant just say you’re right just play, well sanction OleMiss.

Lots of detail in this one.

“Mars is also assisting receiver Tre Nixon, safety Deontae Anderson, linebacker Jarrion Street, offensive tackle Jack DeFoor and receiver Van Jefferson.”

This bs is not funny at all. Deontay is missing some very valuable training time. The ncaa should ashamed of themselves
Nothing new there.

He is not prohibited from practicing with the team. ha and UH are asking for a transfer rule waiver so that he can play this year.

2 Likes

Good news but this is playing with his head.

The problem the NCAA has is that on one hand they can rule for Ole Mess which has lied to them and cheated for years or they can rule for the 5 players that have transferreed. If they rule for Ole Mess they will be facing 5 lawsuits and a lot of bad publicity but if they rule for the players then Ole Mess will biatch and complain but it will end there.

I don’t know that it will end there and I think that’s what’s causing the hold up. I think the NCAA is scared that ruling in favor of the players will open the flood gates for similar claims. There will be so many players requesting waivers because coaches lied to them about something. Don’t get me wrong–they should absolutely grant the waivers in this case. But my gut feeling is they are scared to do so for this reason.

3 Likes