Derick Parish DL/FB

Freebirds used to be so good… Once Tavistock bought it out they turned to dog crap. Source: Worked there at this exact time.

1 Like

Agree, not what it used to be.

So just an example story from this time…I don’t know I guess it’s been 15 years. They made the switch from marinating the steak in house and getting better steak to cheaper pre marinated stingy stuff while of course charging the same price.

Small rant: This what private equity does, buys a brand runs it into the ground to where it’s worthless, and basis on it. It will happen to Whataburger and Shipley’s as well.

2 Likes

Ugh, that’s a frightening thought😐

It happened to Randall’s Food chain as well . Safeway acquired them in the late 90s and went down some, but then once an Equity Firm acquired them several yrs later they were doomed. Pretty much non-existant now w few stores they have remaining in Hou area.

1 Like

Your taste buds and experiences with food change over the course of your life. I disliked Brussels sprouts as a kid. As an adult, they may be one of my favorite foods. I think I did not like vegetables as much as a kid because they were frozen and not always prepared the best. If you get some fresh Brussels sprouts, cut them in half, sprinkle salt, pepper, and a little balsamic vinaigrette on them (not a lot), and bake them in the oven, you may find you like them.

2 Likes

Gotta love players looking and seeking more playing time through flexibility and offering up to the coach. Although a FB isn’t going to get many ops running the ball, I could see some semi-trick plays where you get him out in the flats with some reverse flowing play and get him the ball and let him rumble down the sidelines like a freight train where 180 lb DBs shake in their boots with bringing him down.

Smart move by Derrick. The coaches have to love it!

1 Like

Oh my, 7lbs of anything would be 3 or 4 meals for me. Food is not my friend at my age.

I love the comments about food. Like most all Baby Boomers I ate what was on the table or I didn’t eat. Fairly simple. My small town had a Dairy Queen and an A&W Root Beer Stand. Those were your “Dining Out” options.

No one starved and no one became a picky eater.

1 Like

I didn’t have a choice and had to eat things I still won’t eat today. I made the mistake of fixing something else for him a few times and he tried to make it a habit. When you sit and watch everyone else eat, you eventually eat or you go hungry. Lesson learned the hard way, on both of us.

1 Like

Keenan Murphy is shown on the current roster twice, once as a player and also as a graduate assistant coach. I don’t guess there is anything against the rules in a player being a grad assistant as well, but I don’t think he could get paid for it. I think it was Joprior23 that said it was a mistake and he is only a grad assistant, but he is shown in uniform eating in the contest. This is confusing, can you shed any light on this?

1 Like

When I get down close to the field and fire up the coogs as they come out onto the field. Ill be hollering " Let’s go twin Moms Baby!".

3 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

I can find out, just waiting on his reply

2 Likes

It’s so funny how Giena is like our “insider” :joy:

1 Like

She sure has the most credibility of any poster.

4 Likes

Murphy is still playing, he is going to stay on the roster another season, so that’s good news for the O Line

11 Likes

Thanks Giena.

2 Likes

That is good news for the OL. Lots of game experience over the past three year from him.

1 Like

A player’s parent that is willing to engage on a fans’ message board. Gotta love her and appreciate her for that. Not many would want to swim in those waters and have tough enough skin to put up with it over the long haul.

The pandemic certainly wiped out some of the insiders from getting information on the program readily and feeding our interest buds. Even more reason to appreciate Twinmon with being willing to share info.

1 Like