D'Eriq King deserves better

How has their time here been wasted?

Ed Oliver received more attention at UH than he would have at a P-5 program. The media made him a national celebrity as the first 5 star athlete to sign with a G-5 program.

King is another in a long line of talented QBs to play for UH. His time here isn’t being wasted.

7 Likes

I meant it in that they have been on teams or had coaching staffs that underachieved.

It’s been two games, chill.

??? There were 40k for a game against a school that brought a thousand or so. Washington State isn’t Texas or LSU. Temple had 10k less for a nearby school ranked #21, ranked UCF had 5k more for a big game at their own stadium, Boise had 10k less for a game at their home stadium, Navy had 10k less for a conference game, and USF had 10k less at home as well. Yeah, we deserve to be in the Southland. Sheesh!

2 Likes

Exactly. With fans like some of these, who needs enemies? :japanese_ogre:

Just so I’m clear, that was more of a remark about the past staff. It is definitely not “put up or shut up time” for the current staff.

You do realize Stevenson is doubled every play in the slot… nickel lining up over him and safety directly behind over top on whatever side he lines up on. Some guys are going to have to make plays on the outside to free him up… or move him outside some. Corbin has been more consistent this year but King seems to be most comfortable with Stevenson

3 Likes

Boy do I have a surprise for you.

I’m waiting…

KING will waste something tomorrow night and it won’t be time.

I don’t feel bad for the young man at all. Or any student-athlete.

Our university gives the young man a full scholarship.

Tuition, Books, Room and Board.
An opportunity to learn at a fine University.
Vetted athletic coaches, and although we alums may have a problem with them from time to time, they all earnestly did they jobs while they were here.

Students have a choice. They can choose UH or any number of schools.

There is nothing not to be proud of at UH. Do we have the academic pedigree of Harvard, No. Do we have the athletic pedigree of Alabama or Notre Dame, No.

We are what we are. We have what we have.
I am proud to be a Coog.

3 Likes

he will make it as a wr. He was very good as one his first two years with us.

I guess a lot of P5 schools don’t deserve squat either…Attendance numbers

2013 Okie St vs Miss St 35,874
2014 LSU vs Wisconsin 71,599
2015 TAMU vs Az St 66,308
2016 UH vs OU 71,016
2017 LSU vs BYU 53,826
2018 Ole Miss vs Tech 40,333
2019 UH vs Wash St 40,523

The only thing Holgorsen has changed in his style is to have him avoid hard hits and running into a pile. It will pay dividends in the long run. A slide is better than being walloped by a LB for an extra yard or two. CDH has not stopped him from running, just wanting him to look for open receivers before taking off and being judicious about when to stgep out of bounds or slide.

As for anything else, its just a matter of getting comfortable with a new system. I think we will see the King we have been used to against Tulane and going forward. Breaking in a new system against OU is a bit different than against Rice.

1 Like

… it’s been three games

I’m amazed that noone thinks this has anything to do with King having a new offensive line and a new center. It’s not that he’s having to jump to catch snaps…or that the line hasn’t gelled. It’s because Holgorsen has ruined him. Okay…

The line, and King, will all settle in.

1 Like

lots of P5 teams not filling their stadiums…should they be demoted?

1 Like

Good luck to the young man…

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1592222208390307843?s=20&t=2-0a4AE08kR0AITQ-lt9fw

10 Likes

Sadly I wouldn’t read much on field time into it, King might just be a stand in for a scrambler QB in practice.

Still, NFL money, throw it in the 401k

2 Likes

Even as a fan of King myself despite his story, “former UH QB” ???

Technically it should say former Miami QB

I hope he makes this an opportunity but it sounds very temporary if you want my opinion

3 Likes