D'Eriq King

Same feeling here. I silently thought to myself, damn! That had to break the defense’s will for sure. Those throws were a statement, this is our house, and we can do whatever we want. BOOM!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1038628061925793792

4 Likes

We’ve only scratched the surface in what this offense can do. If the OL can keep it together, there might be some NCAA offensive records in jeopardy. I think the fun has only just begun.

6 Likes

I wasn’t sold on King, but now I am. Also, Dormandy looked pretty accurate too…although the stats didn’t rally show it. It’s gonna be a good season.

6 Likes

Give the O-line credit, he hardy got touched. The wide splits give him more time in the pocket and creates lanes for him to run through when things break down.

6 Likes

True. When he came out, he threw a couple perfect passes that hit the receiver in the hands.

1 Like

You guys know that they put up 297 rushing yards yesterday right?

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1038986078559105024

6 Likes

Not going to lie, it may be recency bias, but I haven’t seen a QB look that smooth since Case’s senior year. Greg was awesome, but his awesomeness was as a playmaker. King looked ice smooth. Just relaxed looking at reads, nailing his throws, and if he had to run he was ready to embarrass the defense. It was thrilling to watch. The Briles addition looks good too. Just WOW!

5 Likes

Offensive line did a tremendous job.

7 Likes

A friendly reminder to everyone. Y’all have only seen the offense for two halves, the second half against Rice and the first half against Arizona.

The combined score of those two halves was 59-3.

If Major ever gets the hell out of Kendal’s way, watch out.

6 Likes

Best part about King is he is FIRST, an outstanding pocket passer. He can sit in the pocket and quickly survey the field. Then he throws darts.

Secondly, he can either extend the play OR hit the jets. Fantastic acceleration.

Hopefully we win next week and stay undefeated. He could get some Heisman hype.

3 Likes

First I have heard of this. What examples are there that Briles is not in full control?

5 Likes

You must have missed the first half against rice. There are two series back to back both 3 and out were out of 6 plays 5 were runs either up the middle or hand offs to the left or right. There are more but right now these comes to mind.

Saw the game. Didn’t realize Major and/or Kendal said that Major was behind those. Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I didn’t watch the post game pressers

4 Likes

If you know the briles offense and watched any game last year you would not need anyone to tell you who either called the plays or directed how the offense would play.

1 Like

Feel sorry for your patients if your a dentist. Such a crappy statement. So if things aren’t going right on offense or look little sluggish, it was CMA who caused it all huh. Appreciate you being on the sidelines. No clue how these posts are even allowed on here. I try so hard not to respond to these idiotic comments but man oh man. #getbetter

2 Likes

Briles calls all the plays. Before the season started, Briles said he wanted to establish the running game (Baylor usually had more runs than passes in most of their games). Obviously our O-line wasn’t ready against the Owls, but I’m pleased that Briles opened with a passing attack against Arizona. When AZ stopped stacking the line, the run game took off. I can’t wait to see what we have in store for TT.

5 Likes

Coogdave responded to lawdogs comment and wanted an example of Applewhite getting in Briles way. I provided that example for him. I happen to agree with lawdog’s statement. I personally love the offense and think it looks way better this past week but that first half of the rice game was very vanilla Applewhite.

Will be interesting to see how Briles / Clements handle Gibbs defense this Saturday. Not that they haven’t seen it before. Will be a new test for our offense.