D'Eriq King

Late in 3rd qtr and early 4th qtr.

And you just assume because it fits the narrative that CMA was in the wayā€¦psshh. That was all CKB trying to establish ground game. Not always going to be perfect. There are 11 players on other side trying to disrupt game plan.
#myteethhurt :tired_face:

2 Likes

Yes when the plays look exactly the same as the year before I do assume that.

1 Like

I didnā€™t get to watch any of the Ole Miss v. Tech game, so Iā€™m just looking at the box score and based solely on that, Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s much to fear about the Tech defense. Iā€™m sure some of it was 1st game jitters, but they gave up 47 points, 546 yards of offense (336 in the air, 210 on the ground) and a 200 yard rusher in that game. Iā€™m ignoring Techā€™s game against Lamar because I donā€™t think it can tell us anything. Looking at the box score of Ole Miss v. Southern Illinois may not be all that helpful either, except to say Tech should have been able to put up a ton more points and yards against Ole Miss than they did, even with the back up QB playing most of the game.

Iā€™ll venture a guess that if our first team offense plays against Tech like it did against Arizona, weā€™ll have no problems scoring. And I would also venture to guess, based on the outcome of the Ole Miss v. SIU game that our defense is better than the Ole Miss defense. I think we win this one easily. Hopefully thatā€™s not famous last words.

1 Like

Using the logic in this thread, we can figure out the playcaller on each specific play.

Any play that didnā€™t gain at least 4 yards or better was CMAā€™s call.

11 Likes

Still believe we need a ā€œha haā€ button down on the lower right side of each comment . . . . . right next to the ā€œheartā€ button . . . . .

1 Like

Easy! No need for insults. letā€™s just make a point give our opinion and discuss. We are all on the same team. Go Coogs!

2 Likes

? How many times does it need to be stated that CMA gave Kendal full control of the offense. It has been stated over and over. People need to stop making crap up to support your anti-Applewhite bias.

12 Likes

Itā€™s kind of hard for all three drops to go for TDā€™s if two of them are on the same drive. :slight_smile:

Pushing for King for Heisman gets in the way of Ed. Ed is in his third season of being the best player on the team. Itā€™s nice to show love for King but not cool to do it at the expense of Ed.

I would blame that on CMA ::roll_eyes:. Remember heā€™s leaving, boring, quiet, doesnā€™t bring attention to himself. Not sure who was calling plays in 2015!!!

https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/1039657459755958272

1 Like

Yeah, Kingā€™s ability to run may be limited due to their LB core being well above average. However Booker has asserted himself as a tall, speedy and physical midfield threat that demands skilled coverage. Its hard to spy King with all of the speed that floods the field, and if they do its even better for us. Kings decision making (in this offense especially) is better than anything I have seen in NCAAF (maybe its my coog colored glasses). Even though some would scoff at the opponents we faced, he has yet to throw an int or take a sack

1 Like

Iā€™m with you GEO.

1 Like

That look right there is confidence, swag, and deadly!

9 Likes

I felt the same about King in that video. He is ready!

Midfield is the key. If you go back and look at last year, we almost never through to the middle of the field. There were times when the safety would be split wide and a quick slant behind the linebackers was wide open and we would not run the route.

Saturday, we burn Arizona deep several times out wide. To defend, they split their safeties wider to cover and we then attacked the middle with the slot and tight end.

1 Like

Even though he had a few bad passes I thought he had a tremendous game. I am very impressed by his maturity and the way he reads the game. Dā€™Eriq and Marquez were made for each other.

2 Likes

What a talent. I wish Kyle turn over Allen hadnā€™t transferred here. It seemed like he got the job just cause he was a 5 Star.

King seems to be best when he is given a chance to step back and read the defense. The quick snap on 2nd and short or 3rd and short has rarely resulted in more than mediocre results. I get running to the line to keep the defense from making personnel changes but once you do, I feel the defense regains the advantage when we call the play and snap it in a hurry.

I was very impressed by his poise. I donā€™t think Gibbs expected it so much from Dā€™Eriq. At least this was a major positive today.