Dimel vs Herman tonight in Austin

I’ll be rooting for a tornado or maybe a UFO alien abduction.

2 Likes

LOL

Woahhhh

1 Like

Uncle Dave told me that he tried to explain to Dimel that our program was in desperate shape and that we had to win immediately. However, Dimel ignored him, planned for the future, and redshirted the entire class. When we went winless, Uncle Dave had to fire him. Dimel was a good recruiter, but a poor game situation decision maker. He gave Briles a quality team. I liked Dimel. In a different situation, he might have succeeded.

2 Likes

He actually fired him the year after going winless. I think he had an ultimatum to make a bowl and he came up just short.

In some way, it sucks to fire a guy that won 5 more games than the year before. But I think you nailed why it had to happen. He set Briles up well but UH was better off moving on.

We also grossly overpaid for him. Briles was a lot cheaper initially.

1 Like

Never, Ever forgotten that one!!! “Digging for Gold”.

So I was at this game, everyone was relatively distanced and EVERYONE WORE THEIR MASK. At the same time, all students had to test negative to even attend the game. That was interesting.

Fun fact, Barrick Nealy is a UTEP Coach. He played for UH under Dimel, then at Texas State under OC Herman. He coached at my high school before UTEP so I got to say hi to him after the game.

2 Likes

Pruett backed out because Gladchuk leaked the story to Berman and it got out before he could tell his players and he was not happy about it. Rumor I heard was that Chet the Jet then turned around and offered Dimel the same contact (Pruett had a much more established winning program at Marshall). So we basically overpaid for a guy who had one good year.

1 Like

I will always root for Dimel’s sister-in-law.

Not going to lied man… But El Paso is the last city I would visit from Texas. It scares me a little.

Out of curiosity, I looked it up. El Paso is actually safer than Houston, Dallas, Ft. Worth, San Antonio, Austin, Corpus… and a bunch of smaller suburb cities (Katy, Humble, Conroe) in per capita crime. Go figure.

3 Likes

Good pull.

I bet he never says a word about how he lit up UT.

Don’t take too much stock about beating UTEP