Does Appelwhite get three years?

Cupboard bare. He has the best DL man in the country and a five star qb in his roster, a slew of experienced WR.
Don’t get why some here put the onus on the players.

3 Likes

You thought he was a “good” assistant !

Well, we do have the $2.5 million from Herman.

Maybe it would be appropriate to use it to get rid of the guy he brought in !!

1 Like

My understanding is the buyout for Applewhite alone would be $5M not including his assistants. It drops to $3.75M after next year and his assistants are out of contract (2-yr deals). He at least gets next year.

I see this being SMU from last year. We just aren’t good enough on offense to spot the other team 14 points on turnovers. I also think injuries are catching up to us. Oliver is not at 100%, Adams seemed to miss big stretches of the game yesterday, and Garrett Davis appears to be playing with one wing. If Adams is hurt, we may need to pull the redshirt of Derek Parish because Hines isn’t a middle linebacker and was exposed on the 90 yard drive yesterday.

Wasn’t he here the last 2 years as OC? Isn’t he partially responsible for the talent that’s here, especially on offense?

I hope the “cupboard is bare” thing is sarcasm.

A. It’s not true, and
B. If it is true, it’s at least partially on the coach.
C. It’s a crappy thing to say about the players.

2 Likes

The cupboard bare? Wasn’t he touted as the recruiting genius behind Herman? Texas high school coaches love Applewhite. That’s the reason we hired him, right? lol, its not the talent.

2 Likes

I figured we need a good laugh

“My OC is terrible he gets half of his plays off of Madden, Rookie mode!” :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

The cupboard isn’t bare, the talent is just young.

CMA was never touted as the recruiting genius behind Herman; Herman was always touted as the guy. CMA was hired because Texas high school coaches vouched for him. So far, we seem to be pulling in a very good class next year.