Does houston have the worst uniforms in the American?

Amen. Red jerseys and white pants or reverse it for road unis. White jerseys, red pants. Keep it traditional. Big name programs don’t screw around with their uniforms. Red helmets with the fat logo.

4 Likes

I think some guys are just looking for something to complain about.

Girl, it’s Fashion Week here on Coogfans. We can get back to football talk later.

7 Likes

My wife loves our sports dialogue so she can point out my shallow existence and inability to move beyond college (high school? No matter…so when is the next Sopranos streaming?

I personally like the old 90s UH uniforms of Ware and Klinger times. I just would not change the uniforms for fashion sake. Just keep it them the same and build some traditional look. That everyone knows is UH.

2 Likes

These are all we need.

home uniform
road uniform

5 Likes

I believe that is Delrick in the top image and, yes, that uniform is a classic.

I am fine with those. I think UH should not change and keep it the same like Alabama or USC does. Brand the color and logo into peoples head.

6 Likes

Nope

Ours look like they ordered it from the Nike high school catalog. And the attention to detail is horrendous. Like the white logo on the black helmet but red lettering on the black uniforms! We are an urban school in a town called space city! Why do you oldies think we need traditional uniforms? We aren’t tradition laden. That’s our tradition. We play in a stadium less than 10 years old, we’ve never won a national championship. We’ve been in 6 different conferences. Its ironic when people try to bring up OU, Alabama, Penn State as programs to compare UH to. lol.

That sounds like solid reasoning for wearing clownish uniforms.

1 Like

Simple. Why copy the Oregon who has not won national title either. They started this whole change your uniform every game. So you are copying someone, so why not copy teams that have been there.

2 Likes

Because contrary to some beliefs there is no direct correlation with uniform selection and sustained success. Someone posted before that 100% of people will not agree on 100% of things. That understood, why not mix it up from time to time? The primaries we have are nice minus the stripes IMO, but some people like the stripes and the cycle repeats itself. lol

1 Like

What season??? Lol. 2019, the season that never got started! 2020, New UH season!

1 Like

I think people that don’t like our uniforms should be required to post photos of themselves on game day. I want to see the style contributions of this focus group.

4 Likes

Better yet, everybody post their photos and we vote on who should select the uniforms.

Because if you go by what I wear you’re looking at…uh, “The Longest Yard”. Burt Reynolds version.

1 Like

OK boomer.

1 Like

If you go to Tulane boards, their fans are screaming mad about their all blue uniforms when the mascot is Green wave. I think they’ve overplayed the blue this year. Not sure if they get the award for ugliest uniforms but definitely win for most pissed off old alumni over uniforms.

Arent those a throwback for them? Those are actually unique.

Aside from USC, Miami Hurricanes are somewhat of a sister program to UH in being a big time college team in a huge pro city. They came on the scene in the 1980s and won many many times. From 2000 to 2015 they had several new age sets and were again dominant at the start, but fell off greatly towards the end. They brought back their 80s/90s uniforms a few years ago. The scheme just happens to be very conservative and not dissimilar to UH. So to sum up Southern Cal, Houston, and Miami football all sport traditional uniforms as of today. We’re in good company.

1 Like