Draft Question

It is the 6th round and the Texans are on the clock… which QB would you select? Ian Book (ND), Sam Ehlinger (UT)… or someone else to groom?

If those are the options, Ehlinger. Tough, smart kid.

I think Elinger is the biggest sleeper…He has major potential

1 Like

Ehlinger is a great QB. Had lots of skill. However, Herman wasn’t a great coach.

Ehlinger is a great character guy and will be a great pro. No way the Texans draft him. My guess is a team like the Steelers drafts him.

I think this is pretty interesting:

What the stats tell us about drafting positions by round - Arrowhead Pride

here is another look at 1st round picks. I know the Texans don’t have one but when they do they ought to use them to draft offensive linemen. Do what the Oilers did with Munchack, Mathews and Steinkuhler.

Which Positions Are the Safest, Riskiest at the Top of the NFL Draft? | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Book. Ehlinger is way too inaccurate. He has a concerning concussion history as well

Kind of what I thought. He seems like more of a Tim Tebow guy.

Once got to spend some time with George Young, GM of the NY Giants and the architect of the 1st & 2nd Giant Super Bowls.

He said they key to building through the draft is to always draft into the strength of the draft. He said that you will always get better value when you draft that way.