Duffey to Tulane

Duffey has been denied admission to Central Michigan. It turns out he has a couple of sexual assault allegations from Texas Tech that are haunting him. He remains in the transfer portal as a grad transfer who is eligible to play immediately, assuming he finds a school that will look past his Title IX complaints.

Allegations so he must be guilty in the world of #metoo

There’s a lot of smoke with this guy. I don’t blame CMU or Tulane for their decisions.

The allegations are for a 2019 sexual assault on an incapacitated woman. He had already been found responsible and suspended for a similar incident two years prior. You kinda lose benefit of the doubt on your second rape case.
“While at Texas Tech, Duffey was found responsible by a Title IX panel for two counts of sexual assault in 2017 against an incapacitated woman”

3 Likes

Basically incapacitated means drunk.

So if a couple goes out and gets drunk and then have consensual sex, the guy is guilty of rape? That’s a crock. The girl is just as responsible as the guy. How many men and women do that every day? You can’t have equality without equal responsibility.

3 Likes

I was listening to a podcast a few months ago and it brought up a growing number of cases where males were kicked out of college when they had drunken sex with a female. Seems to be getting some pushback.

It generally means black out drunk. Here’s a definition:

Incapacitation is a state beyond intoxication or “ drunkenness .” Impairment must be significant enough to render a person unable to understand the fact, nature, or extent of the sexual activity. Mere consumption of alcohol or drugs does not necessarily render a person incapacitated.

It’s definitely not just simply drunk.

1 Like

There is a reason he is found guilty by a title 9 panel and isn’t charged with a crime. Its an interesting topic. I’m not sure how the line is drawn.

Exactly, remember a Title IX council is not a court of law and there is a very low level of evidentiary burden placed upon the complainant and their representation to bring charges against in the first place and/or convict/achieve expel.

1 Like