Ed Oliver arrested for DWI, unlawfully carrying a weapon

I think he’s owed some grace here. His UH career was marked with class and accomplishments and I see the same happening with the Bills.

However, I do think he needs to be reprimanded to send him and others a stern message about drinking and driving. But I feel this can be a huge turning point for him and one he can use to educate others.

1 Like

Oh boy! Doesn’t look good! He better evaluate his life and start making changes or this could lead to trouble for his career! I hope the young man start recognizing his problem and start doing the right thing. I hope he has a successful career in the NFL when he gets it all together!

Let’s be honest, some of that was on that stupid coach.

He’ll be fine . Poor decision to drive after he had been out what appears to be riding 4 wheelers on a spring day.

Gross oversimplification of my point. To be clear, it is Ed Oliver’s fault and no one else. My point was that EO was not well served by the coaching change in many ways.

1 Like

Ed is a smart young man who did a stupid thing. He will be fine.

12 Likes

This is all that needs to be said. Well done.

I heard his freshman year he was out drinking nearly everyone. Lol

He should have played Rugby

“It has nothing to do with age or money.”

I think, and it’s just my opinion, that youth mixed
with wealth mixed with too much free time can lead
to people sometimes making poor decisions or getting themselves in unfortunate circumstances.
I grew up hearing “if you keep your hands busy you won’t get into trouble” .

“People of all demographics get pulled over all the time for DWI/DUI,”
I think that is a fact and a great point. My thoughts , perhaps in error, are most DUIs are commuted by the under 30 crowd.

“ Every attorney worth their salt tell people NOT to cooperate with a field sobriety test.”

I did not know this. But yeah, I can see if video
evidence exists and it goes to court, the defendant is in a difficult place. OTOH, in the emotion of the moment, I can see where people will do whatever an officer asks or tells them. My point was that in the video, Ed seemed very cooperative and noncombative. I think that shows some positive character. But I’m not advocating for or against
participating in a field sobriety test. The fact is, it appears one was done. And I haven’t seen any footage of him resisting arrest or body slamming officers.

And I get your point on DUIs. It is a serious offense
and needs to be treated as such. There is ultimately
no one to blame but Ed for this. Fortunately no one
was injured in this incident this time.

“ The NFL has the two other guys to worry about this weekend”
This was on my mind as well. And I was looking for a cause of why this is happening now.

I can’t even count the number of people I know that would have been arrested had they been puller over. Hell I have a family member that got a dwi and I know several Coogfan posters that have had them.

Don’t be quick to judge.

I am up here on vacation in Arkansas and they say several of their QBs really used to use the cocaine not long ago.

I think it’s safe to say that most people here have driven a vehicle atleast once in their life when they were not supposed too. Doesnt make it right by any means.

Can you get a DWI on a horse?

Oreo could have been the DD

Oh my! Blame it on Coach. Pssh.

I’m sure you probably can lol…our own Kevin kolb got charged with one on a boat.

1 Like

I think the vehicle must have a motor to get a DWI.

2 Likes

I have never had a DWI, but when I was his age I had been eligible hundreds of times. I have also seen many friends drive home from post game tailgates and from fund raising parties eligible for the same. Since I have married Linda and have a daughter I have mended my ways; sometimes it takes that kind of responsibility to make a man grow up and take things more seriously. So, on that part I will say, “Judge not lest ye be judged.”

As for the gun in the car, I don’t know all of the specifics on the laws of having a gun in your car. But, when you buy one and are taking it home every gun owner does it. If it was in the glove compartment or otherwise not on his person, I don’t think that is serious. Whether the law does is another story. I just miss the times when I was a kid. Half the pickups in my high school parking lot had gun racks and most had a rifle in them. No one gave it a thought. A janitor shot a deer on the back part of our school property one day. But, that was in an entirely different world.

4 Likes

Ahh actually you maybe right…I went through the process myself and luckily I dont have a criminal record and I learned my lesson. I’m confident big ed will too.

2 Likes