Eric King passed away

Goodness! Losing your father has to be one of the hardest most emotional moments in a man’s life. Many Prayers to D.King.

7 Likes

What happened?

Does anyone know if he was sick or was it unexpected?

Very sad for D’Eriq. Wow that’s tough. Very sad for D’Eriq and I pray he has strong family and friends around him to help him through this dark time.

2 Likes

Very sad news.

He will have lots of support in Houston from his former teammates and coaches as well as his network of friends. One of the things I picked up talking to his Dad was that D’Eriq was a quiet person, rather private but there was an intensity to his relationships.

5 Likes

A lecture is not the proper response.

1 Like

What happened?

That is sad. Always a big loss. Praying for him and his family.

Such terrible news. Wishing D’Eriq and the King family condolences and peace.

3 Likes

Amen

any word yet on what happened or how he passed?

Big Eric had Type II diabetes, he has battled it for a while. He went to bed and tragically passed on in his sleep. Eric and I have shared many good times, endured a few hard ones as well. As brothers from another mother we scrapped more than a bit, but our mutual love, and respect for each other was strong. He was a helluva player, coach and Father, always putting family first. He lived a clean life and leaves behind no regrets. From the Oaks Dads Club, Waltrip, St. Pius and UH families, we love you brother, you will be missed! Once a Cougar Always A Cougar! EATEMUPCOOGS

28 Likes

GOD bless.
IF I could choose a way to go it would be to pass on while I was asleep.

RIP

Huh !