ESPN could renegotiate contract?

Ain’t that the truth, if we’d hired Deloss he’d have a statue here and we’d probably be sitting way prettier. He’d still be a Sith Lord but he’s be our Sith Lord.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be an issue if they werent using us for content for ESPN+. That’s where they’re going to be losing the games.

Was he ever seriously considered to be AD? While we are doing “what-ifs”, what-if Hunter had driven to Austin dropped to his knees and kissed Dodd’s ass and polished his knob like Del Conte did?

1 Like

For us? Deloss probably would’ve told is that we’re great and he’d love to stay for breakfast but he had an early meeting today he just couldn’t miss. Then never call again.

1 Like

I never underestimate Aresco’s ability to under-sell the conference. I could see him agreeing to host the Blight Bowl in Baltimore and signing a 15 year GOR to keep his 7 mil per school.

How about the AAC demand that ESPN pay the conference for what it’s worth? Let’s see, since ESPN pays BIG10 $54 million per school but the conference only has about three times the ratings of the AAC, shouldn’t the AAC demand 1/3 the payouts that the BIG10 receive? Why does the AAC always have to lose in your estimate?

3 Likes

The aac demanding something from ESPN? Really?

I’ll play along. What leverage does the AAC have?

And what real numbers do you have that the AAC is worth more than we are receiving?

By all means the AAC should make the demand. Without leverage any demands from AAC are likely to only give ESPN brass giggles.

No way ESPN will demand GORs…they’re smart enough to know that is a non-starter. They just don’t want to pay for a school that is not in the conference. Understandable

We have enough leverage to demand roughly $7m per team. If we had more leverage than that, we would have gotten more. If we had no leverage, we would have gotten much less. So the question is how much leverage losing UConn cost us.

Not much, I’d wager. But probably enough that our individual payouts won’t be increased.

Look up “facetious.” You can’t take everything seriously. :slightly_smiling_face: