Expectations for next year

What does that say about a 4-8 UH team?

UNT has experienced some success with Litrell, UT has not with Herman (as each school respectively define “success”)

That we are not a good team that’s what 4-8 always says.

Well we are currently not a powerhouse, but you have to remember Washington St. needed a lot of assistance from the refs to beat us.

1 Like

Who said we were an powerhouse THIS season?

We lost a lot of winnable games, matter of fact all 8 of them, even the OU game was a stop from getting interesting. That happens sometimes with really young teams. What happens a lot of times when those young teams mature is the pendulum shifts.
I think it has a chance to do more than just shift a little with the added experience for a good portion of the roster returning and a talent infusion with red shirts, transfers and JC recruits. And hopefully a little more luck on the injury front than we have had the past two seasons.

1 Like

It would seem ALL OUR DEFENSIVE TALENT was sitting on the bench this past season … so we should go from a poor sister to the 2nd coming of the Pittsburgh steel curtain next year … defense-wise …

Offensively … we will be fine … EXCEPT for the KEY position … QB …

I am NOT SOLD on Tune … especially when even Andre Ware had some reservations about him during the Navy game … throwing into double and triple coverage didn’t exactly sit well with him nor many of us …

2 Likes

Interesting that every game was winnable, despite the depletion of our lines. And as funny as it sounds, Roy and our special teams were actually a transitional weapon in making opponents play on a long field against our young defense. That was helpful in keeping games close.

It’s the control aspect. When you’re young and shallow you have a hard time controlling things and creating a game rhythm. We played a large part of the season one TD up or down from the opponent. That’s a pretty frenetic way to live.

1 Like

I am fine with Tune. He has shown the ability to lead the offense. It was the last game if the season and he was trying to make something happen. Give him time he will only improve.

Computers have UCF anywhere from 17 to 32, so the answer is pretty good. You poke fun of Florida Atlantic, but they are 9-3 and ranked 40 in the ranking you brought up. So that is a pretty good win, just not a traditional power. Don’t fall for the cartel bias.

1 Like

A lot will have to do with how the schedule is set up again too. We have a lot of long road trips and the conference could screw us again. Hopefully all the complaining that Dana did will help us get a more favorable conference schedule. Washington St and BYU are a month apart so we don’t need them trying to fit in a Cincy or Navy road trip between those. Best would be giving us a bye the week before BYU.

Breaking it down more, I think our goal should be 3-1 non conference, 3-1 home conference, 2-2 road conference.

You pointed out other’s assumptions but failed to acknowledge your own. You’re assuming that the same teams that were better than us this year and will continue that trend based on what? Your feelings about the coach? Or the fact that both HCs will be back? Cincy escaped TDECU by the skin of their teeth, and Memphis was fortunate we couldn’t tackle. A full year worth of expectations with guys who have had plenty of experience will do wonders.

Like this year, Coogs will have a shot to beat both, but next year the odds increase because we will have the depth (see the red shirts) to compete for 4 quarters!

I’m going to wait to see all the coaching changes before i figure out our next season. But we better put a better product on the field and Dana better do a better job with time management

2 Likes

And also to note never in the history of college football has a team started the season on a Sunday then played Saturday then Friday then Thursday for their first 4 games

1 Like

But we better put a better product on the field and Dana better do a better job with time management

It’s not hard to be better than 4-8. :joy:

1 Like

They have better coaching that has been in place longer.

No they didn’t. Cincy soundly beat us.

I don’t even know what to say about this statement. They were fortunate we couldn’t tackle?!? You act like we tackled well throughout the season.

I expect that Chambers transfer announcement is going to be the first of a lot of painful transfer announcements. I also expect that everyone will down play their contributions and Say that we are better off without them.

I think the next month or so will really start setting my expectations.

1 Like

Oh, there are people already getting their excuse matrix warmed up. It is funny watching the goal posts moved further and further back.

It was going to be an immediate turnaround to legitimacy. We were going to make a bowl this year. Then, it changed to we can’t expect him to work miracles with all the holes to fill. Look what Apple***** left him. Now, the going prediction is that we have to give him till year three to see what he can actually do.

Fact is a number of players will be weeded out.

Chambers despite his ability to pressure the qb was not a favorite of the coaches because he didn’t like to play the run.
So yeah I will be the first to say no biggie as he goes to his 3rd school in 4 years

3 Likes

Will…they…be…there? Again, you’re just assuming like the rest of us.

Did you watch the whole game or the turnover towards the end?

Can it not be fixed (or at least improve) in two camps?

Dude you’re so hellbent on voicing your distrust in CDH that you’re tripping over your own logic.

1 Like

Renu says we are The Powerhouse.

https://uh.edu/powerhouse/

WELCOME TO THE

POWERHOUSE

The University of Houston is a powerhouse of innovation. UH has grown to service the city of Houston and beyond through our extensive educational offerings, partnerships with local businesses and contributions to the community. Explore more below about how our students, faculty and alumni are cultivating the future.

1 Like