Expected turnout for the Sept 4 Texas Kickoff: TTU vs. UH

The Tech game at Robertson in 2009 was packed. We probably could have used some temporary bleachers :rofl::sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Are people jaded or thirsty for football? šŸ¤· That is the question. Anything between 20 & 45 wonā€™t shock me.

6 Likes

The UH v. Washington State game was 40,523, per ESPN.

Iā€™ve got to think this game will equal that. Tech is a better draw than Washington State. Of course, COVID has changed everything.

2 Likes

I expect 72,000 screaming Houston Cougar fans, full throated and filled with octane. Cheering on the valiant men of Houston clad in their traditional Scarlet and Cream as they once again trounce the hamburglars

From the dusty outcrop of a place that no normal person would live in.

35-14 Coogs

4 Likes

I was actually impressed with the number of WSU fans that attended the game two years ago. Pretty decent support so far from home. Although I was even more impressed with the number of BYU fans at last seasonā€™s game at TDECU.

2 Likes

We are still over a month away from kickoff but this is all on espn events. Did you all notice the ticket price? $40 to $150? This makes no sense especially when the best seats are taken by resellers.
espn is owned by disney. They know how to sell tickets (disney productions/theme parks) espn knows well ahead of time how many tickets they expect to sell. Would espn/disney prefer to sell an xyz amount of tickets at a certain price vs a full stadium at another price? Strictly from an optical point of view a full stadium looks much more pleasing when you watch a game. The other angle is how much advertising has been done for this game? Now look at this illustration:

We could see a 40k crowd.

The most important info in this illustration is the number of viewers.
Our game against okie blew the Nielsen ratings. Sure we were both ranked but we beat LSU and more importantly atm. This illustrates again how we are a prime candidate for a P5. I have no doubt that given the chance we will excel beyond all of our expectations. The ncaa football landscape is changing before our eyes. A few years away from the new tv contracts I have no doubt we will be getting into a P5.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing your perspective, I sure hope we see a 40K crowd. As far as ESPNā€™s concern about selling tickets, similar to all the end-of-season lower-tier bowl games sponsored/owned by ESPN, does the network really care if many folks actually show up in the stands, or is ESPN simply searching for TV eyeballs?

Q: Are season tickets electronic only this year, or will we receive the binder/spiral with paper game tickets and parking passes?

I donā€™t care about crowds this year. I just want Wā€™s.

13 Likes

ESPN cares more about eyeballs since they are selling TV ads but a filled stadium in part of the TV production.

I want both! The players deserve our support. The more butts in seats, the more energy in the stadium. The more energy in the stadium, the more motivated the players are. Bottom line: itā€™s time to turn the program around, both on the playing field, as well as fan support.

4 Likes

I believe the attendance will be stronger than we would think.

A lot of pent up demand and hope springs eternal.

More than 40,000.

6 Likes

15k. That is it.

1 Like

Birds chirping are a sign of spring. Coogfans grousing about attendance is a sign that we are winning again.

1 Like

Coog51, I sure hope youā€™re right that my ā€œgrousing about attendanceā€ is a predictor of a successful 2021 season. As a season tix holder, I usually road trip to one or two away games and the bowl, but my last two bowl experiences left me feeling duped as a Coog fan (both the New Mexico Bowl and the Armed Forces Bowl). I felt like I expended more effort persuading my wife to make the trip to the DFW region and sit in the stands than the coaches in preparing the team for the bowl. Hereā€™s to a successful 2021 FB season!

2 Likes

Joe, there is one thing I know which is Houston Cougar football. This is going to be a year you tell your grandkids about. Buy every program they will be valuable. Get autographs unless they charge you, claiming its a NIL, then make an informed business decision.

But if you are asking me this is going to be an epic year.

1 Like

Everyone should do themselves a favorā€¦ Start off depressed that way everything is either not shocking or itā€™s a pleasant surprise.

4 Likes

No way. One of the great joys of football season is to wonder if there is a god and if there is why does he hate me. Or maybe he hates one of you and I just happen to be along for the ride.

Anyone have the current ticket sales

Apparently the ticket office is closed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If locals do not support the team, can we be surprised when we get passed over in expansion?
Good team, good match up, good venue, good history between two teams, bowl game to start the season off, if Coogs do not come out, why?

Are you living in New Zealand?

Thereā€™s no post-covid in the U.S. Itā€™s heating up againā€“in every state.

2 Likes