Expected turnout for the Sept 4 Texas Kickoff: TTU vs. UH

Yep

Delta Variant is becoming a thing it’s scary

1 Like

No one is dying from Covid in any meaningful way. Just Hospitalizations.

With Vaccines this thing is not deadly. Especially to young people.

The fear mongering is mentally ill.

16 Likes

Well, nobody with a vaccination is dying. Over 99 percent of deaths are unvaccinated.

But lots of people getting sick and numbers are climbing in every state–every state.

And the delta variant is going after young people.

I think you’re mentally ill, Tucson, for not caring about anyone but yourself, apparently.

4 Likes

It is more important than ever to sell the joint out and have every seat filled.

Everything counts now.

1 Like

Anything North of 40K will beat my current best expectations. Here’s what they show available currently. Keep in mind though…many of those “unavailable” seats are not sold…they hold areas back.

3 Likes

For reference…here’s what the map looked like 7/21/2016 for UH vs OU game…(UH also on the bottom…only blue seats were those in the corner I just couldn’t screen cap the whole stadium then.)

2 Likes

Nice job contrasting seats sold for this year’s game with the OU game. Ain’t looking too good so far. Sure would like to see more marketing for the game and some sort of discounted family tix package to bring out the casual fans.

Another reference…wish it had dots…but this is 3 weeks before the UH vs Wash St game in 2019…attendance 40,543. Again just because a section shows no seats available doesn’t mean they’re sold. They hold some back to give you an artificial scarcity to encourage you to purchase:

I originally started making those screen caps because OU fans were bragging the winter before the game they were going to be 75% of the crowd. UH had already sold out its allotment and requested more and OU had yet to sell its out…they did of course but not till June or July I believe. In the end I’m pretty sure that game was 55-65% UH and 35-45% OU. Hard to tell based on shirt color! Pretty impressive the way they travel and get to games early.

3 Likes

I remember OU fans talking after the game about the great UH turnout and shell shocked that they lost. OU was not prepared.

3 Likes

I’ll be there from Omaha with my daughter from Austin. Hope it’s a great turnout and a great game for the Coogs!

4 Likes

Tech fans traveling 7 hours vs local Coog fans. If we do not have more fans there than Tech, how can we really say we have the Houston market? If you say there are local Tech fans, than again, do we really have the Houston market?

3 Likes

Instead of crying about all our P5 slights maybe, just maybe we can prove ourselves worthy with some decent red crowds.

5 Likes

If yaw are saying 40k, why not just have it on campus?

1 Like

Because we’re being paid to have it at NRG.

I’d bet anything that the AD has crunched the numbers and we make more money with an NRG game with national TV.

4 Likes

Tech donors going to buy as many tickets now as possible to show they have a presence in the Houston market for realignment purposes?

1 million dollars is why

3 Likes

That and it keeps two P5 teams out of our backyard. IMHO, we need to do these NRG games if for no other reason than to protect our turf (Houston).

3 Likes

Tech vs UH…. a past and future conference game.

While I did not renew my tickets, I do plan on going to this one. 35-40K is my guess. It will be nice to go to a game again!

1 Like